The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 183- For you

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)



The scaffolding collapsed, and debris flew up.

A large hole was pierced through the floor.

Iris was swallowed up in it.

I...!

"No, Iris!!!"

I ran as hard as I could and whipped Iris's body, which was screaming, and grabbed her hand as she was about to fall to the bottom of the earth along with the debris.

"Guh!"

"Rain-sama!?"

I barely managed to hold onto Iris. I crawled on my stomach on the floor, supporting my body with one hand and grabbing Iris, who was hanging in the air with my other hand.

The hole in which Iris was falling was deep, and the bottom couldn't be seen. No matter how strong she was, if she fell here, it would be all over.

"What are you doing? Don't try to save me..."

"It's obvious that I'm going to save you!"

"I don't understand! We're enemies, aren't we? If I die, everything will be over... Why would you do such a thing?"

"Why are you misunderstanding?"

Geez.

Iris is a smart kid, but she's twisted in strange ways.

Didn't my intention get across?

If not, I'll say it again and again!

"I want to help Iris!"

"Wha-"

"Iris's revenge won't stop. And at the end of revenge, Iris is going to die, right? So I tried to stop Iris. I tried to end it by sealing it."

"That is..."

"I want Iris to live... I can't accept that she'll die and it'll all be over. So I've been desperately doing this!"

"..."

Hanging in midair with one hand, Iris stared in amazement and eventually smiled.

"Really... You always take actions beyond my common sense, Rain-sama."

"I'm good at surprising people."

"Because you're like that, I..."

Maybe she was attracted to me.

I couldn't exert any strength because my whole body was screaming in pain. I couldn't pull Iris up, so all I could do was keep the status quo.

Furthermore, the ruins were collapsing.

Debris was falling everywhere, and the vibration was getting bigger and bigger.

At this rate, the ruins will collapse in about ten minutes...?

"Iris, hurry up and come over here!"

"But..."

"Dying and ending it like that... that's absolutely unacceptable!"

"Rain-sama..."

"If you die, it's all over, everything will be gone! It's cowardly to say this, but... Iris's comrades, family... they must have wanted to live too, but they couldn't! So live for your family and your comrades!"

"Uh..."

Iris opened her eyes wide and tightly grabbed my hand.

"That's good," I said as I tried to lift Iris up.

But I still couldn't muster enough strength.

"Ugh...Iris, fly over here..."

"I'm sorry...I don't have any strength left either."

"I see...then just hold onto my hand tightly. I'll figure something out."

"Rain-sama...why are you trying to help me?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you trying to help me? Is it because I'm human?"

"Because I want you to live, Iris. I just want you to live...that's what I thought."

"That's so...irrational...there's no reason for it."

"That's just how the human heart works."

"The human heart..."

Iris repeated my words, with a face I had never seen before.

"Ugh"

The sounds of the ruins became increasingly intense.

The ceiling collapsed and walls fell.

The hole in the floor gradually grew larger, threatening to swallow us up.

"Rain-sama, it's okay...if we keep going like this, even you will..."

"It's fine...I'll definitely save you. I came all this way because I want you to live, Iris. I won't give up in a place like this."

"..Rain-sama..."

Iris looked at me intently as she hung in mid-air...

And then, she smiled gently.

"You're really a strange person."

"Iris...?"

"To think that you would try to save someone like me...you're the first person I've ever met who would do such a thing. You're foolish."

"Even if you call me an idiot, I won't stop!"

"Hehe...I can't say something like that. After all...I feel happy about your feelings, Rain-sama."

Iris continued to smile unchanged.

What is it?

For some reason, I had a bad feeling.

"It's not about reason, it's just about doing what you feel...that's the human heart. I can understand that to some extent now."

"What do you mean?"

"I've never done something like this before...moving for someone else's sake. I've lived for revenge only...but in the end, my last thought was for you...hehe, it's quite interesting."

"Wait. Stop that, it's no good!!!"

I shouted as I understood what Iris was thinking.

But...

Iris had already made up her mind.

She was prepared.

That's why I couldn't stop her.

"Rain-sama. Can I make one selfish request before we part?"

"Don't say it's our last time meeting! Not in a place like this..."

"If we ever meet again...would you be willing to form a contract with me? Or perhaps, would you refuse to form a contract with someone like me?"

"That's not true! Don't say such a thing...!!!"

"Hehe, I'm glad."

Iris laughed quietly...

Then she brushed off my hand.

"...Goodbye. Kind, kind Beast Tamer-san..."

Iris' body floated in the air...

And then, she fell.

I reached out my hand, but couldn't reach her...

"Iris------!!!"

Iris was smiling until the very end...

And then, she disappeared into the depths of the earth.

TL Note-...........😟



Comments

Popular Posts