The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter-182: Battle with Iris: End


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


Iris casts a spell.

Iris punches her fist.

I barely withstand her fierce attack like a storm...

And then I counterattack.

As usual, I aim for her vital points and continue my attacks.

But the damage I inflict is minimal.

However, every little bit adds up.

I continue to attack her repeatedly...

And steadily inflict damage on Iris.

"..."

Iris staggers and falls to her knees, looking at herself in disbelief.

"I can't...accept this..."

Iris clenches her fist, grinding her teeth.

"I cannot accept this...!"

She shouts and charges at me.

But her movements are slow.

Perhaps because the damage is accumulating...

Or maybe her previous injuries haven't fully healed yet.

Come to think of it, she seems slower than last time we fought.

Did she try to put up a brave front before me, or did she not want to show any weakness?

Either way, Iris was not in perfect condition.

That is why this is the result.

"Ugh!"

I intercept Iris's charge and follow up with a barrage of punches and kicks.

I chip away at her stamina, her resistance...

And her will to fight.

"Ugh... I can't believe this can happen!"

"I'm sorry, but I have to end this here."

...The truth is.

I was close to my limit.

My body was in pain all over.

Every movement caused a sharp pain like bones breaking.

Actually, it was probably broken in places.

I managed to avoid Iris's magic and attacks...

But I still grazed them.

And Iris's attacks, with their tremendous power, caused me considerable damage even when they grazed me.

My body was in a terrible state.

It was probably worse than it looked, hidden under my clothes.

If I let my guard down even a little, I would probably faint.

But...

I couldn't let this chance slip away.

I couldn't leave Iris alone any longer.

So, I had to end everything here and now!

"Here, I will kill all humans!"

"...I'll end this now."

"Does Rain-sama also deny my revenge!?"

"I don't deny it. I think Iris's revenge is a legitimate right."

"Then...!"

"But...living just to kill is lonely, isn't it?"

"..."


"Iris, there are plenty of other fun things in the world... there is so much light overflowing in the world, yet you choose to remain in the deep darkness. Don't you think that's too lonely?"

"Well, I..."

"That's why we'll end it here. No, I'll finish it."

"Ugh!"

Iris hesitated for just a moment, perhaps my words had reached her.

"Aaahhh!!!"

Iris launched a reckless attack without hesitation, and her blow hit me.

"Guh...!!!"

Her fist struck my right chest, and I heard the sound of bones breaking. The impact ran through my body, as if trying to devour me from the inside.

For a moment, I lost consciousness, but I couldn't collapse here... I immediately returned to reality and gritted my teeth.

Enduring the pain... suppressing my emotions...

"It's over."

I struck her neck with a kick, taking advantage of the opening she had given me.

"Ugh...!!!?"

I felt a solid impact. Iris trembled and eventually fell to her knees.

"Ugh... aah..."

She was still conscious, but it seemed she had no strength left to stand.

"...Phew."

The tension snapped, and I felt like I was about to sit down on the floor. But I managed to hold on and let out a sigh.

"It's over."

"Kuh..."

Iris looked up at me with her hands and feet on the floor, glaring at me, but soon a self-deprecating smile crossed her face.

"I never thought I'd lose in this ruin... and in a one-on-one fight at that... hahaha... it's actually refreshing. The feeling of frustration disappears somewhere. I wonder what kind of magic Rain-sama used."

"I just prepared myself."

"Oh, that's right, you did say that..."

Iris closed her eyes as if thinking about something. What was going on in her mind, only she knew.

"...As expected of you. You showed me your resolve... you have this kind of power."

"To tell you the truth, I'm in pretty bad shape too."

"Well, it can't be helped since you fought against me. If you had come out of it without a scratch, my pride would have been shattered."

After the battle, Iris had a relieved expression on her face, as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.


"...If only all humans were like Rain-sama."

"Iris..."

"If that were the case, then I wouldn't have to think about revenge... No, let's forget about that. I've been thinking about something pointless."

Iris stands up, swaying unsteadily.

"Are you okay?"

"Hehe... That's funny. It was Rain-sama who made me like this."

"Well, yeah, I guess... But I don't intend to kill you or anything."

"..."

"I just want to seal you away, Iris. I have no intention of killing you."

"You're really too kind."

"I suppose so. But this is who I am. Rain Shroud. I was born and raised this way... I can't change now."

Iris gives me a soft smile in response to my words.

It's a face I've never seen before.

It looks like the face of a martyr.

Thinking this...

I suddenly get a bad feeling.

"Well then..."

"Iris?"

"I may have lost, but I don't intend to obediently let Rain-sama seal me away. Of course, I don't intend to be exterminated by the humans outside either."

"Do you think you can escape?"

"I doubt it... Honestly, just standing here is all I can manage. Rain-sama is also in bad shape, but... he can still move."

"So..."

"Are you going to give up and let yourself be sealed away?"

"...?"

"I won't stand for that. If it comes to being sealed away again or being exterminated by the humans, I'll just kill myself."

Iris snaps her fingers.

In response, the entire ruins begin to shake.

"What is this...!?"

"Hehehe... It's a bit cliché, but it's a self-destruct mechanism. A last resort for emergencies... It will bury everything, including the enemy."

"Damn it!"

I didn't expect her to have something like this!

"Iris!"

"I may have lost the battle, but I have won the game, so to speak."

Iris laughs and snaps her fingers again.

In response to that sound, the door behind her opens.

"Rain-sama, please go back through there. I have no intention of involving you."

"Iris...?"

"I have no intention of being sealed away or being exterminated by humans. I will end things here, of my own will... That freedom, I will not allow anyone to take it from me. I won't let anyone make decisions for me."

"Iris!!!"

"Goodbye, Rain-sama."

Iris smiles...

And then, at that moment, the ground beneath her feet collapses.


TL Note- R.i.p Iris, Comment  F for her in the comments. 


Comments

Popular Posts