The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 181- Battle with Iris 2


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

Iris POV

I've decided to give it my all.

Rain-sama may be a human, but there is something mysterious and attractive about him that I like. These are not lies or whimsical words.

Therefore, I must have been holding back somewhere. The fact that I fought using the same tactics as last time proves that.

So let's abandon any dependence. With all my strength, let's break down the wall that obstructs my purpose.

I spread my wings...

"Come. The white strike of the end."

I unleashed my trump card, a summoning magic that I had never used in the previous battle. An ultra-wide range attack that fills the entire space. Yet, each blow is powerful enough to rival high-level magic.

Rain-sama said that he saw through my magic, but if it's attack first with a new magic, it's impossible to dodge.

Goodbye. This is the end...

...or so I thought.

"What?!"

I released my magic... and then, I let out a gasp of astonishment.

Destruction light ravaged the space as if devouring it. There was no place to dodge. Not even a single mouse could escape.

However, there was one safe zone. It was right next to me.

"Hmph!"

Despite facing a first-time magic, Rain-sama ran towards me without hesitation. It was as if he knew that my side was the only safe place. And then...Rain-sama sneaked into my bosom, avoiding the magic. He followed up with a powerful blow.

"Ugh?!"

――――――――――

Iris' summoning magic is powerful. If she bombards the area with a carpet bombing attack, there is no way to avoid it.

However, there was one safe zone: around Iris. Her summoning magic is powerful, but she can't distinguish between friend and foe. Therefore, Iris should have taken some precautions to avoid accidentally hitting herself.

With that judgment, I stepped forward...and my prediction was correct.

"Oooooohhh!"

Right, left, and then right again. Kicks in between punches. A strike to the blind spot from above. I kept up the barrage, driving Iris into a corner.

"Kuh..."

I'm just an ordinary person now. I can't muster that much power...but I'm hitting all the vital spots.

Just barely.

But I'm steadily accumulating damage, causing Iris' face to contort.

"You're persistent, aren't you?!"

Iris jumped and tried to shake me off. But I wouldn't allow that. I jumped as well and kept Iris within range.

"Take this!"

She gave up on intercepting with magic. Iris swung her fist.

Gooogh! A bone-chilling sound rang out as her fist closed in. Iris' physical abilities were comparable to those of a cat spirit, or maybe even superior.

Right now, I'm just an ordinary person. If I take even a single hit, I'm done for. So I decided to not take a single hit.

"What?!"

I dodged Iris' super-fast punches. Or I would redirect them mid-flight, just grazing me. I showed that I could avoid deadly attacks.

I was able to avoid Iris' attacks, but more than that, the results of my training with Suzu-san paid off big time. We were forced to do things like combat training to the point of near-death, but thanks to that, I can face Iris like this.

I dodge or deflect Iris' attacks and counterattack.

I'm in complete control of this battle.

"Come...Hail of Lamenting Ice!"

"What?!"

Iris used summoning magic as if she didn't care if she caught herself in the crossfire. A storm of ice raged on, turning into blades.

I can't nullify or block this. I jumped back and distanced myself from Iris.

"Ha... ha... ha..."

Finally, Iris was able to distance herself from me and was breathing heavily.

Blood was flowing from her shoulder. She must have injured herself with her own magic.

However, she didn't seem to mind the wound. She glared at me with beast-like eyes.

"Why...?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you have that much power?!!!"

Iris shouted her words at me like a bark and stared at me sharply.

"It hasn't even been that long since then... how can you have that much power?! Overwhelming me like this... It doesn't make sense, even if Rain-sama has inherited that blood... That growth rate is abnormal! It's strange! What kind of power is that?!!!"

"Well... if I had to say, it's because I made up my mind."

"Made up your mind...?"

I explained to the confused Iris about myself.

"To be honest, when I fought with Iris last time... I was lost. I was wondering why Iris was doing this after we had met once before. I didn't know what to do or what my goal was... I fought without any resolution."

"..."

"But now it's different. I have made up my mind. I will fight Iris and seal her. Yes, I have set my goal. So, my heart won't waver. Unlike last time, I'm surprisingly calm."

"..."

"Do you know? People who have made up their minds are, to put it modestly, quite strong. I'll show you that power."

"I won't fall here... I won't be sealed...!!!"

Iris bared her teeth again.

It was her last resistance.


TL Note- Iris last stand begins. 



Comments

Popular Posts