The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 173-resolution

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

I was able to successfully overcome the challenge given by the Chief.

I couldn't just receive the items necessary for sealing and leave the village.

Legendary items are tightly controlled and cannot be easily taken out.

One by one, the multiple seals need to be lifted...

It seems that it takes quite some time to accomplish this.

Moreover, there are various procedures to follow.

It's just like working in a government office.

When Arios asked them to take out the "Shield of Truth", it seems that the procedures were skipped due to the opponent being a hero...

But this time, since it's an ordinary person, they cannot skip them and have to go through lengthy procedures.

And, there's one more thing.

Sora and Luna need time to learn the magic to seal Iris.

Coach Al is teaching them.

According to Al, it normally takes a month to learn it...

But Sora and Luna can learn it in a week.

They have that much talent.

Therefore, we will have to stay in the Spirit Village for at least a week.

It's frustrating.

Not being able to go outside for a week...

What if Iris resumes her activity during that time?

What if it's too late by the time we're ready?

Thinking about that makes me restless.

"Meow, Rain."

Before I knew it, Kanade was nearby.

I didn't even notice her existence until she called out to me.

I was trapped in my own thoughts, thinking too much about everything.

"You look troubled. Are you thinking about Iris?"

"Yeah, I am."

"...I know it's not the only reason, but...Mmm, I'm a bit jealous."

"Huh?"

"N-Nothing."

Kanade waved her hands in a fluster.

"You should try to calm down a bit. There's no point in getting impatient. We just have to wait for now."

"I know that, but I just..."

"Meow..."

Kanade made a thoughtful face for a moment, then suddenly hugged me.

"N-Nyade?"

I was surprised by the sudden action.

Kanade blushed, but held onto me tightly.

It was like she was trying to calm my anxiety...

Like she was giving me warmth...

It was a bit embarrassing, but strangely enough, my heart was put at ease.

".... How is it?"

"I don't know what to say..."

"Are you feeling calmer now?"

"A little bit."

"Hehe, that's good."

Kanade smiled.

"My mother used to do this for me. It always helped me calm down..."

"Really?"

"Um, well... that's why I'm doing this for you, Rain. I just want you to feel more relaxed. There's nothing weird about it, okay? I promise."

"I understand. I won't misunderstand."

"Mmm... sometimes I think you're too understanding."

What should I do?

"Anyway... thank you, Kanade."

"Meow."

I gently stroked Kanade's head.

Her tail swayed happily.

But her happy expression didn't last long...

It changed into a sad one.

"Hey, Rain..."

"Yeah?"

"I know it's not good to ask this kind of question now, but I just need to make sure. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"What would you do if it becomes hopeless?"

Her question pierced deep into my heart.

If it becomes hopeless...

It must be about Iris.

I'm trying to seal her away, but what if I fail?

What if I can't stop her by force?

What if I lose all means to control her?

When every possible option is gone...

What would I do?

Kanade is asking me about it.

"I... "

I closed my eyes and pondered.

What should I do?

What do I want to do with Iris?

What kind of outcome do I want?

I thought and thought, but my answer never changed.

"Even so, I won't give up."

With eyes open, he spoke clearly.

"Meow...Rain."

"I'll stake my life on it and show you that I can stop Iris. I'll choose an option other than killing her and take hold of it. I won't give up until the very end. Until I can no longer move, until the very end...I'll resist. I...want to help Iris. Having nothing but painful memories and experiencing nothing but despair...what a terrible life that would be, right? I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to see a smile on Iris's face that comes from the bottom of her heart. That's my answer."

By putting it into words, he strangely resolved himself.

It might be necessary to be prepared to kill when push comes to shove.

But wouldn't that be running away?

He promised to help, but changing his policy at the last moment...it's not consistent behavior, it's wavering.

So as not to let that happen...

So that he can stick to this feeling...

He made up his mind clearly now.

In response to his decision, Kanade...

"Meow♪ That's the Rain I know♪"

She laughed happily as if it were her own joy.

TL Note-Well it got delayed a lot....I just gave my exam......I'm  dead tired........


Comments

Popular Posts