The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 172: Overcome Yourself


(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


I wonder how much time has passed since I started fighting with the shadow?

1 minute?

10 minutes?

30 minutes?

The sense of time had become vague.

The battle was fierce and harsh to the point of being that intense.

"Material Creation!"

With the power I contracted with Nina, I created a lump of gunpowder.

I threw it at the shadow and...

"Fireball Multishot!"

I ignited it with magic.

The flames of crimson and shock waves were raging on the stage.

What about this?

But then...

"Ku!"

From behind the dust and smoke, the shadow charged towards me.

Although things were dirty here and there, there seemed to be no fatal damage.

Even though I tried various methods...

Is this guy invincible?

Can I really win?

Unconsciously, my weak side showed up on my face.

And then, at that moment...

"Rain, do your best!"

"Do your best, nanodaa!"

I could hear Sora and Luna's cheers.

It was just that.

But my weak self had completely disappeared.

The cheers of my comrades gave me a lot of strength.

That's right.

I chose this path myself...

I can't give up here.

I can't do such an uncool thing.

"Huff!"

Re-energized...

This time, I charged at the shadow.

I collided head-on.

It turned into a form of a struggle with both hands pushing against each other.

"Guh... Cut it out already!"

I tripped the shadow's legs and threw it off-balance.

"Fireball Multishot!"

I followed up with magic.

I created three fireballs...

One of which hit the shadow directly.

Even then, the shadow didn't fall...

But its movements had completely stopped.

I quickly closed in on the shadow and struck its abdomen with my elbow.

Then, I repeatedly punched it and kicked its chin from below.

The shadow swayed.

The damage was certainly accumulating.

"What!?"

Chief's surprised voice could be heard.

Well, it's not surprising.

After all, they've been on the defensive the whole time until now...

But that's where it ends.

From here on out, it's my turn.

"Gravity Manipulation!"

I use gravity manipulation to stop the shadow that charged around me. The shadow, subjected to five times the normal gravity, visibly slowed down.

Now's my chance.

"Fireball Multishot!"

First, I create distance and fire a barrage of fireballs. Explosions occur one after another, and the shadow is swallowed up in flames.

But I still can't let my guard down.

If it's as tenacious as me, then it's not over yet.

As expected, I pierce through the flames, and the shadow jumps out.

It should be covered in wounds all over, but its momentum hasn't waned.

Perhaps because it's not human, it doesn't feel pain, and its movements aren't sluggish. It's quite an unfair existence.

But I'll overcome it!

"Boost!"

I enhance my physical abilities and close the distance between us.

For the first time, the shadow shows signs of agitation after me.

It tries to enhance its physical abilities after me, but...

"You're too slow!"

I'm not foolish enough to allow it. I kick the shadow's face to interrupt its chanting, and then apply all my weight while twisting its arm.

A dull sound and an unpleasant feeling are transmitted.

"It's not a pleasant feeling, even for a shadow."

However, I can't hold back.

Even with its arm broken, the shadow doesn't give up and keeps attacking like a zombie, using even its broken arm to strike.

If I leave it alone like this, I'll be done for.

Then... I just have to deal the finishing blow.

"Ha!"

I slide to sweep both of the shadow's legs.

With nothing to support it, the shadow falls.

I quickly get up and straddle the shadow.

I step on one of the shadow's hands and one of its feet with both of mine to seal its movements.

And then...

I draw Kamui and thrust it into the shadow's back.

The blade sinks in so deep that it inflicts a deep, fatal wound...

The shadow convulses once and then stops moving...

And then, it melts away like mud.

"…Phew."

I watched for a while, but there was no sign of revival.

I put away Kamui and stood up quietly.

Then I turned to the Chief who had been watching.

"So, can I say that I won?"

"Hmm…"

The Chief was surprised, but nodded slowly.

"I won't quibble over this. As a human, I'll acknowledge your victory."

"Alright!"

I quietly did a small fist pump and…

"Meow, he did it!!!"

"As expected of Rain."

"Congratulations."

"I believed you would definitely win."

"Are you hurt…?"

"He's so strong."

Everyone congratulated me.

I waved my hand lightly in response to everyone.

"How were you able to win?"

The Chief asked quietly.

"That shadow had the same power as you. It was not inferior in performance. And at first, you showed signs of being flustered and were being pushed back. Yet…"

"Well, that's certainly true, but after a while, I got used to it."

"You got used to it…?"

"As I fought, I began to see the opponent's attack patterns and thought processes. Those kinds of things."

"…"

"Surely that shadow might have had the same power as me. But I can 'grow.' I can grow during a fight… That's how I was able to surpass that shadow. When you think of it that way, it's a satisfactory answer, don't you think?"

"…Yes."

The Chief's eyes widened for a moment.

Then, as if he had understood something, he said softly.

"Let me hear your name again."

"Rain Shroud."

"Hmm…"

What's going on?

He seems to be lost in thought...

"Well, then, I passed the trial, right? What about the item that will become my vessel?"

"…Ah, yes. Don't worry, I'll keep my promise. Get back first and I'll prepare it."

"Got it."

I bowed and stepped down from the stage.

――――――――――

Rain and his companions leave.

While watching their backs, the Chief recalls the previous battle.

"Growing up while fighting...is that possible?"

It's impossible for such a thing to happen.

By using fighting as nourishment, any living creature can become stronger. That's a fact.

However, it's impossible to grow up while fighting at the same time. It's impossible to have such growth speed.

If it were an ordinary human, such a thing would not be possible.

If it were possible...

It means that they have surpassed the boundaries of being "human".

"No... maybe not."

The Chief realizes that he missed a certain possibility.

He knew about humans who have the astonishing ability to grow while fighting.

A clan that received power from the gods in the distant past.

Individuals who grow at a speed many times greater than others, continuing to grow infinitely.

That clan's name is...the "Hero".

"However, that person shouldn't be a Hero...no, wait?"

The Chief successfully digs up a forgotten memory.

"That human, he called himself Shroud? I remember that his family lineage..."

The rest of his words remain hidden in his heart, unheard and unspoken to anyone.

TL Note- What is the secret the Chief is hiding.........Anyway I have my exam tomorrow. 


Comments

Popular Posts