The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 179 Ruins of the Celestials 

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"An ancient ruin of the Celestials...?"

"Yes, that's right. This ruin is a fortress created by us, the Celestials."

The word "fortress" caught my attention.

If it's a fortress, it should have sturdy walls and gates, as well as traps and a complex interior structure to repel invading enemies, among other things.

But there don't seem to be any of those features here.

So why call it a fortress... is there something hidden here that I don't know about?

No... wait a minute.

It's possible that this fortress is already functioning at full capacity, and I just don't realize it.

And that function is...

"So if this is a fortress, it must have some kind of function, right?"

"Yes, that's correct, Rain-sama."

"And that function is... sealing magic and limiting abilities?"

"Hehe, you arrive at the answer so quickly. As expected of Rain-sama."

Iris smiled as if to acknowledge my answer.

"It can seal off an intruder's magic and greatly suppress their physical abilities. That's the kind of barrier that's been deployed here."

"What a nuisance..."

"Oh yes, it would be useless to try and break the barrier. The ruin itself is the mechanism of the barrier. If you wanted to destroy the ruin and bury yourself in the rubble as well, that would be a different matter."

"I don't have a death wish. And besides, if you've added that kind of function, Iris... wait, does it not apply to you?"

"You're a very sharp one, Rain-sama..."

Iris seemed genuinely surprised by my question, which she apparently didn't anticipate.

"Yes, that's right. This fortress was created by us Celestials. Therefore, the effect does not extend to the Celestials."

"So it seals off the opponent's power, allowing us to fully utilize our own... I see. It's the ultimate fortress."

"If you're here, you're safe. However... since my wounds have already healed, I plan to use it to kick up some noisy pests," said Iris with a grin.

This is bad.

If they were to send a raiding party into a place like this, it would be a guaranteed total defeat.

And knowing Iris, she won't let anyone escape...

I don't intend to have Iris attacked, but that doesn't mean I can let the raiding party be wiped out.

I have to find a way to convey this, but...

"No, Rain-sama. Tattling won't do."

"I figured as much..."

It's not like they're going to let something like her slide easily.

"Now then, shall we continue our conversation?"

Iris walked over to me and closed the distance between us without any precautions.

She was in a position of overwhelming superiority, where she could exert her full strength at any moment...

"Rain-sama, why are you here? It seems that you are taking a different approach than the outsiders, but there is no doubt that you have business with me, right?"

"Well... in this case, I'll be straightforward."

Let's give it a shot.

"I came to seal Iris."

"Hmm."

Iris's face turns into a cold smile.

The words that she likes me.

Probably, that's the truth.

Although it's not a matter of going easy on me, she didn't show any direct hostility towards me.

But if it affects her own safety, that's a different story.

I can't do things the same way as before.

Iris fixes her cold gaze on me.

"Is that true? Not like the previous bluff?"

"It's true. What's the point of lying again?"

"Then, could you tell me how you plan to seal me?"

"The same as last time. With the power of Sora and Luna... borrowing the power of the spirits and using a legendary-class item as a vessel to seal Iris."

"..."

"I've learned magic, and I've prepared the vessel item. Everything's ready."

"That's unfortunate."

Iris distances herself from me.

Turning her back to me, her expression cannot be seen.

But judging from her tone of voice, she seemed to be lonely.

"I have to repeat myself, but I liked you, Rain-sama. Even though you're human, I couldn't hate you. Being with you was fun..."

"I feel the same way. Iris did a lot of things, but I couldn't hate her. I may just be sympathizing, but I wanted to help her."

"Then, why do you want to seal me?"

"Because I can't bring myself to hate Iris."

If things continue like this, there will be no future for Iris... she will be lost...

That's why I chose to seal her as a means.

"By sealing Iris, I'm helping her. That's the answer I've come up with."

"... I see."

Iris looks back at me.

Her face... expressionless.

No emotions can be seen.

Somewhat like a doll, it's frightening.

"I understand your feelings, Rain-sama. But... I don't want that. If I can't let this raging flame of hatred run wild, then I have no reason to live."

"Iris... to that extent..."

"If you get in my way, even if you're Rain-sama, I won't hesitate."

I feel a killing intent in Iris's eyes.

Just by being stared at like that, it feels like my body is freezing.

Last time, I touched Iris's hatred...

That was just a small part.

Today, for the first time, I feel like I touched the essence of the darkness that Iris carries.

I never thought that she was carrying such a thing to this extent...

I feel like I'm about to shrink back, but I can't lose now.

If I step back here, I won't be able to stand in front of Iris again.

I will lose that qualification.

So.

I won't budge from this spot, no matter what happens.

"This is my final warning. Please stop thinking about such nonsense and leave. If you do it now, I will let you go," Iris said.

"I'm sorry, but I've already made up my mind. I can't do that," I replied.

"..."

"I'll seal Iris and won't let anyone else harm her. This is the path I've chosen," I continued.

"Understood," Iris said with a disappointed tone.

However, that expression only lasted for a moment.

She quickly switched to something as cold as ice.

"Well then... there's nothing I can do. Even if it's Lord Rain, I won't hesitate to eliminate anyone who gets in my way. Will you die for me?"

"I refuse. I have to help Iris," I said.

"Even though you plan to seal me?"

"If I don't, it won't end, right?"

"Yes. Of course. I have pledged to take revenge with my body, soul, and everything else."

"...there are no living creatures that only think about revenge," I said.

Iris seemed to be offended by those words, and her face twisted.

"After all, Rain-sama is just a human being...talking as if you know my heart and offering me trivial sympathy...I cannot forgive you," she said.

"Then what do you plan to do?"

"I'll kill you."

"Shall we do it?"

I drew my Kamui and took a stance.

Iris spread her hands to the left and right, and took a stance.

"Let's end it here," she said.

"No. Neither I nor Iris will meet our end...the thing  that will end is  Iris's revenge." I replied.

And then...we clashed.

TL Note- The battle finally starts.



Comments

Popular Posts