The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 177 VS Axe, Cel 2

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

"Boost!"

Enhance physical abilities with magic.

The body becomes as light as a feather...

In that state, I attacked Axe once again.

"Ku, you're fast!?"

Axe tried to respond with lightning-fast sword techniques, but I went even further.

By the time Axe swung his sword, I was already gone.

With such force that even afterimages remained, I circled behind Axe.

"Tsk, don't underestimate me!!!"

As expected, Axe wasn't done yet.

He twisted his body and quickly reversed his sword, swinging it diagonally.

An incredible reaction speed.

This time I couldn't avoid it and blocked it with Kamui.

But that's okay.

"Meow, I'll take your back!!"

Kanade attacked Axe's back with a kick.

Axe supported his sword with one hand and guarded Kanade's kick with the other.

"Gu!?"

Even though he caught it with his forearm, it was a strike from a cat spirit.

It seems he couldn't escape unscathed, and the heavy impact made Axe's face stiffen.

"Axe!"

Cel's supporting fire was shot.

Fast!

Three simultaneous shots fired three times.

A total of nine arrows came raining down like a storm.

"Sorry, but I'll put an end to this here!"

Tania intercepted the arrows with a fireball.

"Sora and Luna will take care of Cel!"

"We won't let her interfere Rain!"

Following that, Sora and Luna supported Tania.

They repeatedly used low-level magic.

Although it was just low-level magic, it became a threat when used more than ten times at the same time.

"Ku!"

Although it turned into a long-range battle, the problem was that the opponents were Tania, Sora, and Luna.

Even if Cel was an A-rank adventurer with extraordinary bow skills, he couldn't possibly face the three strongest types.

He was shot at with magic and fireballs, and gradually pushed back.

He couldn't possibly support Axe.

"Tch... To seal Cel, how dare you!"

"I can't afford to spend any more time here! Sorry, but I'll put an end to this!"

"Don't underestimate me!"

Axe gripped his sword with both hands again and made a lightning-fast strike.

However, his movements were slow.

Perhaps Kanade's attack had an effect.

Normally, I might have hesitated at this point, but...

If I've come this far, I have no choice but to prepare myself.

For the sake of my objective.

To defeat Axe!

"Kanade!"

"Yeah!"

Kanade exchanged a nod with me.

"That's enough," I said.

Understanding my intentions, Kanade continued her barrage on Axe.

A flurry of punches and kicks.

Axe was able to block them with incredible reaction speed, but gradually he started to fall behind.

He must have been overwhelmed by Kanade's strength, his hands growing numb.

Or perhaps the blows he had taken earlier were still affecting him.

"Nyaa!"

"Huh!?"

Kanade swung her arm wide and sent Axe flying.

Just as I had hoped, she had created an opening.

This was my chance!

"I'm not going to acknowledge you!"

"I don't care. I'll keep walking my path!"

Axe and I clashed, crossing blades.

A flash.

The clash of metal on metal resounded through the air.

The number of strikes increased, the speed intensified.

Like a storm.

Like a tornado.

Blades met and created countless wounds.

But still we didn't stop. We couldn't stop.

For the sake of our own goals, we bet everything and kept pushing forward.

The endless dance of swords continued...

In this situation where the end would come as soon as one of us made a mistake...

"Huh!?"

Suddenly, Axe lost his balance.

I looked down at his feet with surprise.

There was the rabbit I had tamed remotely, clinging to Axe's foot, slightly disturbing his movements.

"Did you forget? I'm a Beast Tamer!"

Axe was thrown off balance and hesitated, unable to move his feet.

I didn't miss this opening.

I took up Kamui and jumped into Axe's range.

Then...

I swung the blade back.

And hit him with the butt.

"Guh...ahh...!?"

That last strike was decisive.

Axe tried to resist, but his legs wouldn't obey him...

He let go of his sword and fell to the ground.

Almost simultaneously...

Tania and the others, who had been fighting some distance away, successfully destroyed and neutralized Cel's bow.

――――――――――

"Phew..."

The battle ended and they all released their strength from their bodies.

Axe and Cel were unable to move for a while.

Axe was dealt a severe blow, so someone had to take care of him...

We cannot stop them.

"Are you okay?"

"Hey, don't worry about us every time," Axe said incredulously when spoken to.

"Are you stupid? We were just fighting a while ago. I am an enemy for Rain. Don't worry about the enemy."

"Still, I'm concerned."

"Geez... You're too kind. Just like a child."

"But that's what's good about Rain," Kanade said with a smile.

"Or rather, isn't it empty to say that after we won?"

"Ugh..."

Axe looked uneasy at Tania's comment. He seemed to have some self-awareness.

"Well, we're going," I said.

Although we were concerned about the two of them...

We couldn't spend any more time here.

The hunting team might be engaging in combat with Iris.

We had to get there first and seal Iris.

"I'm telling you," Axe strained his voice as a final struggle.

"I don't approve of what you're trying to do, Rain."

"... I see."

"You're too naive."

"Maybe that's true, but there's no other choice for me. This is the best way for me to go. So, I have to believe in it and push forward, don't I?"

"... You idiot."

Axe seemed to have exhausted his energy and fainted.

Cel held him up, looking at him with some affection, and said, "There's no one left to stop Rain and his group. You can do as you like now."

"I will."

"If I may say one thing... I agree with Axe's opinion. That's why we fought against Rain and his group in the first place."

"I understand."

"... Goodbye."

"Ah, goodbye."

That was the moment when the bond between us and  Axe and Cel was completely broken.

Although they were companions who traveled together for a while...

That fun time would never come back again.

Without saying anything else...

We left the place.

TL Note- Feeling sad they parted like this but life is nothing but accumulation of meetings and partings.



Comments

Popular Posts