The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 176 VS Axe, Cel 1

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

I have more numbers on my side.

I don't mean to be conceited, but I think I have more strength as well.

Normally, there's no one who can beat the strongest species.

And yet...

"Kuh!"

As Axe charges forward, I draw my sword.

The slightly curved blade comes at me at high speed.

Even with my contract with Kanade, I could easily miss it if I let my guard down.

I catch it with Kamui...

"Unya!"

"Take that!"

Meanwhile, Kanade and Tania charge forward.

However, Axe moves quickly.

He immediately changes his attack target from me to the two of them and unleashes another lightning-fast attack.

His reaction speed is unbelievable.

"This!"

Kanade kicks off into the air and switches to evasive action, interrupting her attack.

"Don't get cocky!"

Tania continues her attack.

She dodges Axe's upper body to close the distance.

Fist, foot, tail.

She unleashes a three-hit combo.

"That's my line!"

Axe avoids all of Tania's attacks.

And then he launches a counterattack.

"Kuh."

Tania's bangs are cut slightly as she narrowly escapes.

It's terrifying to think what would have happened if she had been even a little slower.

"Rain, Kanade, Tania!"

"Get out of the way!"

In response to Sora and Luna's voices, we all jump back at once.

"Flash Impact!!"

Sora and Luna's magic explodes simultaneously.

A burst of light.

A white flash envelops Axe.

It's decided.

They may have gone easy on him, but there's no way Axe could withstand Sora and Luna's magic.

The remaining one is only Ce...

"Not yet!!!"

"Huh!?"

Cutting through the dust, Axe leaps out.

"You took that hit and you're still conscious!?"

"I endured it with sheer willpower!"

"That's cheating! I don't like people who rely on mental tricks!"

Axe approaches Sora and Luna.

He seems to be thinking of crushing the two who use magic first.

However, it's not that easy.

"Nh!"

Nina touches Sora and Luna and teleports away.

The three of them escape into the sky...

"Faa!?"

As if she had been anticipating that, Cel shoots an arrow.

The arrow flies like it's cutting through the wind, attacking the three...

"You're naive!"

Tina's voice echoes as she sends the arrow flying in the opposite direction.

She must have changed the trajectory with her power.

However...

So what? Cel continues to shoot arrows as if to say that.

She lines up three arrows at once, fires them with pinpoint accuracy, reloads immediately, and repeats.

Her shooting speed and precision are unbelievable.

"This guy is...troublesome!"

Axe, who specializes in close combat and wielding the sword like an extension of its body, possesses the strength of a top-tier species.

His power in close combat is immeasurable.

Perhaps keeping a distance would be ideal, but then I would become prey to Cel's gunfire, which is incredibly accurate and almost impossible to dodge.

This is the power of an A-rank adventurer. One can definitely say that.

If it weren't for Suzu-san's special training, I might have lost.

"What's wrong? Is that all you've got!?"

"Ugh..."

I was overwhelmed by the fierce attacks of Axe.

He is undoubtedly serious.

He fights with the intention of killing, with no mercy.

Cel is the same.

No mercy whatsoever.

The two of them are fighting with that kind of determination.

On the other hand, we...

We were holding back our strength to a certain extent, so as not to kill the two.

Despite being hostile.

Despite obstructing our path.

They were our comrades for a while.

Fighting seriously against such opponents...

It's not something that can be easily justified.

"Don't mess around!!!"

Axe came at me with full force, anger clearly visible in its eyes.

He is accelerating rapidly.

Even without holding back, it's becoming difficult to counter him.

Does this mean there's another level to his skills!?

"You're holding back, aren't you!?"

"Well, that's..."

"I'll say it again, don't mess around!!!"

"Ugh..."

Receiving Axe's sword with Kamui...

We end up in a deadlock.

We clashed, pushing and shoving with all our might...

And Axe yells out from close range.

He's pouring out his rage.

"You've already decided on your path, haven't you? You've decided to move forward even if it means fighting us!"

"..."

"And yet, now you're hesitating! Are you doubting whether you should fight us?"

"But... Axe and Cel were comrades. To seriously turn my blade against my comrades..."

"That's naive!"

"Guh!"

I was overpowered by Axe's force and sent flying as I  defended against Axe's follow-up attack at the last moment.

"If you've decided on your own path, don't lose focus! Steel yourself, we've already made up our minds!"

"!"

"That attitude of yours, where you try to grasp everything you can... it's disgusting!!!"

"Don't say whatever you like!!!"

I kick up and push Axe back.

This time, I'm the one going on the offensive.

"Then... let's do this for real."

Although he doesn't say it out loud, I can sense what Axe is thinking.

Steel yourself.

Discard your naivety.

That's what he wants to say.

Despite already being enemies, the fact that Axe is concerned about him...

Which one of them is the real softie?

He chuckles to himself inwardly...

But he doesn't let it show on his face.

He'll just respond to Axe with his actions.

"Let's do it!"

He's decided to go all out.


TL Note- Just finished my exam today , here is the chapter. 



Comments

Popular Posts