The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet



Chapter 160-Nevertheless

(TL: By Rafael, valhallatls.blogspot.com)


What do we do now?



 Fight Iris?



 I sympathize with Iris's situation.

 But that foolishness was done by people in the past.

 The people living today are innocent of any crime.



 It is not revenge, it is just taking it out on them.

 Can I let that go?

 Should I not stop Iris?

 Should I fight ......?



 Or.



 Do I cooperate with Iris?



 Even though it's in the past, that doesn't erase all of Humanity's sins.

 There are things that have been accumulated until now.

 If we, the people, have gained power and survived by using the heavenly race as an experiment, then ......

 It is a "sin" engraved in man himself.

 It can never be wiped out.



 Iris, who purges such people, may, in a sense, be right.

 So, maybe it is not wrong to cooperate with Iris.



"I ......"(Rain)



 What do I do?

 What should be done?

 Which way is right?



"I-....."(Rain)



 Think.

 Think.

 Think.



 What's right for me?

 What's right for Iris?



 ...... No, it's not.



 If I am stuck on right and wrong, I will never be able to answer this question.



 The Celestials were betrayed by going down the path they believed was right.

 People betrayed the Celestials by doing what was wrong but they belived was right.



 If we think of things on the same scale, I might make the same mistakes.



 So what I should think about is ......



 What I want to do.

 I have to face my own heart and get an answer to that question.



"Can I hear your answer, Rain-sama?"(Iris)

"I...."(Rain)



 Still have no answer.

 


 In the meantime, Iris throws in a few words as if to add fuel to the fire.



'Do you think I can allow this to happen and this is something that can be forgiven?"(Iris)

'I don't think ......"(Rain)

"Do you think my revenge is wrong?"(Iris)

"...... don't think so."(Rain)

"Then will you stay out of my way?"(Iris)

"......"(Rain)



 There are no words left for me to reply.



 Iris gives a small laugh.


"I will not touch you. Of course, I have no intention to touch your friends. Your companions are not human beings, but the strongest species. I would never touch my own people. Well, there is one ghost who is a past human, but ...... well, I'll make an exception for her."(Iris)

"......"(Rain)

"What do you think? Not a bad story, right?"(Iris)



 It might be.

 But ......



'...... how long is Iris going to continue her vendetta?"(Rain)

'Fufu, of course.'(Iris)




 Iris says with a laugh.



"Until I die,"(Iris)



 As it should be.

 As if it were a matter of course.

 As if it were the truth of the world.



 Iris said it without hesitation.



 Hearing that answer.

 On the contrary, it solidified my resolve.

 Finally, I found the answer.



"I ......"(Rain)

"Yes, Rain-sama?"(Iris)

"I can't ...... accept Iris's words."(Rain)

"......Ara?"(Iris)



 Iris's eyes lit up with a bewitching light.



"So shouid I take that you will fight against me? That you want us to kill each other?"(Iris)

"No, that's not it either."(Rain)

"What?"(Iris)



 Iris looked at me strangely.



"I can't leave Iris to fulfill her vendatta,  But we're not going to kill each other."(Rain)

"What does that ...... mean?"(Iris)

"I'm going to stop Iris and I will stop Iris without killing her."(Rain)

"......"(Iris)



 Iris makes a disappointed face.

 



"I'm stunned,......, "can't you see reality, Rain?"(Iris)

"I do see it."(Rain)

"No, you don't. You still want reconciliation with me, don't you?"(Iris)

"Don't be like that"(Rain)

"Haa did you listen to what I said to you? If you had, you would know that reconciliation is impossible, wouldn't you?"(Iris)

"Yes, it could be endlessly difficult."(Rain)

"Then......"(Iris)

"Nevertheless-"(Rain)



 I interrupted Iris's words and said in a strong tone.



 Like expressing my determination.

 As if to convey my feelings.

 I look Iris in the eye firmly and spin the ...... words of my thoughts.



"-I will not give up."(Rain)

"......"(Iris)

"I don't have the right to stop you from getting your revenge. I'd rather think that Iris's revenge is justified."(Rain)

"Then ......"(Iris)

"But it still doesn't work."(Rain)

"What is wrong with that? Can you please tell me so that I can understand?"(Iris)

"Because at the end ...... Iris is going to die, isn't she?"(Rain)

'......'(Iris)



 No reply.

 That's what I understood.



'Iris is only thinking about revenge, not about living. As long as she can get revenge, she doesn't care about anything else, even her ...... own life, right?"(Rain)

"I won't ...... deny it."(Iris)

"If I know such a thing ... there's no way you can leave it alone."(Rain)

"Rain-sama, why you are..."(Iris)

“If it was just to take revenge, I might not have stopped you."(Rain)

I want Iris to live.

 This is selfish of me.



 Even so.



 I will push through this selfishness.

 Whether Iris's revenge is right or not.

 It is a difficult question and cannot be settled in one word.



 But I think it's wrong for Iris to die like this. ......

 So, I will do my best to resist.



'Do you have the right to interfere with my way of life, Rain-sama?"(Iris)

"No."(Rain)

"Then will you please stay out of it?"(Iris)

"No can do. I'm selfish."(Rain)

"......"(Iris)



 Iris was aghast.



"Fufu hahahahaha"(Iris)


 Iris giggled happily.



'You really are an interesting person,...... fufu, and maybe that's what I like about you."(Iris)

'I guess it's true what Iris is saying for my sake. I'm glad to hear that. Still, I've decided ...... to stop Iris."(Rain)

"I understand,......."(Rain)



 Iris backs away from me.

 She stood up and turned away.



"I'm afraid ...... we're going to have to fight, aren't we?"(Iris)

"I agree. But we're not going to kill each other."(Rain)

"Ara ara, that's sweet. You're not going to take it easy on me, are you?"(Iris)

"Of course I won't. But I'm not going to kill Iris."(Rain)



 That was my declaration of determination.

 Believing that those words would resonate with Iris, even if only a little. ......

 I threw out as many words as I could.



'Fufu......... do you think you can stop me? No that you can stop me alive without killing each other in the process?"(Iris)

'It'll be hard,...... but I'll do it, nonetheless."(Rain)

"I'm looking forward to it."(Iris)



 Iris laughed ......

 And then she was gone.

TL Note- I tried Tling with my laptop it took time.......i miss the suggestion and key memory.....its slower without it......atleast it never lags like mobile.....




Comments

Popular Posts