The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 167-speech

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

 “Seems like I'm bothering you with my display affection, sorry about that.”

After a while...

Al turned to face me, away from Sora and Luna. She had a satisfied look on his face, as if she was glad to have been reunited with Sora and Luna.

“No, it's also for Soea and Luna's sake,” I replied.

“Hmm.”

Al stared intently at my face.

“W-What is it?” I asked nervously.

“For you to say that naturally... Well done, boy. I'll praise you for that,” she said.

“Uh, thank you?”

“Oh, no. We can't keep calling you boy. Let's call you by your name. Um, what was it again?”

“It's Rain. he's Sola and Luna's master.”

“Our lord, that's right. Remember that well,”

After Sola and Luna explained, Al slapped her palm and said, "Right, Rain Shroud... Huh? Shroud?"

"What's wrong, mother?" Luna asked.

"Uh, how should I put it... It sounds familiar... Well, it's nothing. It must be my imagination," she replied.

I wonder what that was about?

I let it go since it didn't seem like a big deal.

"I heard from our daughters about what you want to ask," Al said.

"Yes. Actually..." I proceeded to tell her about the unsealing of Iris, and how I was looking for a way to seal her again, with her help.

After hearing my story, Al looked troubled.

"Just to confirm... Your mother was the one who sealed Iris, right?" I asked.

"Yes. She and her allies sealed her," Luna replied.

Al quietly nodded as if remembering that time and revealed a complicated expression.

"Iris's rampage was tremendous. She continued to destroy everything with an overwhelming force that consumed everything. At that time, we spirits were at odds with humans... but we couldn't just leave it alone. We worked with the other strongest beings and sealed Iris."

"By the way, why was it a sealing? Wasn't defeating her an option?" I asked.

"We could have defeated her if we wanted to... but considering the circumstances that led to Iris becoming that way, we didn't want to end it by taking her life. Hatred may be healed with time. That's what we thought, so we chose to seal her... but it seems that it didn't work out," Al said with a sad sigh.

She seemed like a kind person.

I couldn't imagine how she and the other spirits must have felt, having to seal Iris, the one they used to call their comrade.

If it's you, Al, you might be able to help us.

With hope in my voice, I ask:

"Can you lend us your power?"

"..."

"Iris is trying to seek revenge once again. She is trying to repeat the same sadness and pain as before. We want to stop that. Therefore, we want to seal Iris again."

"Why? To protect people?"

"That's part of it, but... more than that, I want to help Iris."

"Help her?"

"Iris thinks it's okay to die if it means she can achieve revenge. If she continues to go out of control like this, she may eventually be defeated. I don't want that outcome. So... I want to seal Iris to help her."

"Wouldn't that be like removing the danger on the surface and not the roots? It might cause problems in the future."

"It was originally a seed that we humans sowed. Also... it's better than Iris dying."

"What do you call that kind of action, do you have any awareness?"

"It's just my selfishness, my ego."

"Are you aware of that and still want to continue down that path?"

Al looked surprised.

Then she stares at me intently.

"... If it's you, Rain, or maybe you can reach Iris's heart."

"I'll make sure I do."

"Do you assert that? Heh, interesting."

Al laughed.

It was a smile that seemed somewhat gentle.

"Um, I understand Rain's story. I also agree with it."

"In any case, the method of sealing Iris is a secret technique even among the spirit tribe. We cannot teach it easily just because we were asked. We spirit tribe have no interest in what happens to humans now."

"Muu, mother is mean."

"In that case, what should we do?"

To the daughters' protest, Al grinned.

"It must be decided, right? At times like this, the standard plot is to show your strength from ancient times to the present, east and west."

"Will it be that kind of plot...?"

I unintentionally brace myself, but...

Al doesn't do anything.

"... I  just wanted to say that," she says.

"?"

"I owe a debt to Rain for  helping my daughters. I have to repay that debt."

"In that case..."

"Right. If it's okay with you, I'll cooperate."

Al smiled.

"You're talking in a confusing way..."

"If you had intended to cooperate from the beginning, I wanted you to say so."

"That's boring. Also, I wanted to know Rain's character."

Despite the daughters' glare, Al had a calm expression.

I see.

She's like a parent in this way.

An existence that children can never oppose forever.

"So, what's the method of sealing Iris?"
"Hmm... Sealing requires the use of magic. The magic for sealing is classified as super class... but well, Sora and Luna should be able to learn it easily," said Al.

"Fufun, I'm a genius in magic after all!" Luna said, her chest swelling with pride.

Maybe she was happy to be praised by Al.

"Is  mother not coming with us?" Sora asked.

It might be best if Al performed the sealing again, but...

"I have to guard the gate. Thanks to some girls neglecting their duty, I'm under a lot of pressure," Al said.

"Also... can you even leave this matter to someone else?"

"No. We want to settle this ourselves," Sora said.

That's right, Al was right.

We couldn't entrust Iris's case to someone else. We had to solve it ourselves.

"Well, that's a good spirit. But..."

"But... there's one problem. We need an 'instrument' to seal Iris," Al said.

"Instrument?" Luna tilted her head.

On the other hand, I understood what Al was talking about.

There was some kind of item in the shrine where Iris was sealed.

It was probably a legendary item.

The item was used as a medium to seal Iris.

"In the past, we used 'Tears of Heaven' to seal Iris," Al said.

"Tears of Heaven? I've heard that before..."

"It's one of the legendary equipment that only a hero can handle."

"Ah, I see," Sora said.

I must have heard that word somewhere while traveling with Arios.

Finally, I understood why Arios destroyed the shrine.

It was not to release Iris, but to obtain legendary equipment.

However, as a result, Iris was released...

Arios and his group escaped without taking any responsibility.

They were really unreliable.

We might have to do something about it soon.

Well, we had to focus on the sealing for now.

"The magic I developed seals the soul of the target into an instrument. When sealing someone as powerful as Iris, a correspondingly powerful instrument is necessary. Does Rain's group have an item that is comparable to legendary equipment?"

"That's..."

"From the looks of your face, you don't have one," Al said.

"I'm sorry."

"There's no need to apologize. It's not common for someone to have legendary equipment. However, hmm... what should we do?"

Al looked troubled and kept saying "Hmm..."

We also put our heads together and thought.

"Meow... How about stealing the hero's equipment?" Kanade suggested.

"That's a little...I mean, we don't even know where Arios and the others are."

"Are we going to steal the dragon tribe's treasure or something?"

"Isn't that going to cause problems later on?"

"Umm...um...uhh"

"If you can't think of anything, don't force yourself to come up with a solution."

"Do you want to use my kettle?"

"Is Tina possessing the legendary kettle...?"

Despite everyone discussing various ideas, no solution was found. Seeing this,  Al-san spoke up, as if saying it couldn't be helped.

"Well, if it comes to this, we'll have to use our secret weapon."

"What do you mean?"

"The spirit tribe's village stores various items, including legendary-grade ones. We'll use those."

"Huh?"

Both daughters exclaimed in surprise.

"I'm not one to say...but is that okay to do? It will cause problems, won't it?"

"Finally, mom will start stealing...Sora will become the daughter of a thief."

"Oh, come on, I'm not talking on the premise of stealing but asking! We should do this properly, head-on, don't you think?"

"Is that even possible?"

"It'll be extremely difficult."

Contrary to her words of suggesting the idea herself,  Al-san said it was difficult easily.

"To take out the village's treasure, it has to be acknowledged by everyone in the village. Not just by me, but  Rain and the others should also ne acknowledged. It's certainly a difficult thing to do...but does that mean we give up? That's not like Rain and the others, is it?"

"Of course not. If there's no other way, we'll keep pushing forward no matter what."

"Yes, that's the spirit. With that kind of determination, we'll surely find a way out," Al-san said, smiling and patting my head as if to say "well done."

I felt a little embarrassed to be patted like a child by someone who looked like a child herself.

TL Note- Sorry for the missed chapter I had to go out that day for some work and took the whole day to return  home.


Comments

Popular Posts