The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 166-The Gatekeeper's Children 

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


We moved to the foot of the mountain and found a small cave. The entrance was hidden among the vegetation, and it was not noticeable at first glance.

"It's narrow here ..."

"Funya!? Who touched my tail?"

"I'm sorry, it was me. Of course, it was intentional."

"Intentional ... what do you mean?"

The cave was so narrow that only one person could barely walk, and it was difficult to proceed further. Still, Sora and Luna said that there was a way to the spirit village deep inside, so we couldn't turn back. We carefully advanced, being careful not to get hurt.

And so, after walking for about an hour ... we reached the deepest part of the cave.

"This is ..."

Unlike before, the deepest part was incredibly wide, so much so that it didn't feel like we were inside a cave. It was spacious enough to do some sports, and it was also high.

"I wonder if this was naturally formed?"

"Hmm ... it's hard to imagine. How often do you see such a splendid sphere?" Tina expressed such an opinion in response to Tania's question. I agreed with Tina. The square was beautifully spherical, and it looked like human hands had been involved.

No. To be precise, the hands of the spirits, perhaps?

"Is this the entrance to the spirit village?"

"Yes, that's right."

"But something's strange ... there doesn't seem to be any guards."

As Sora said, no one was visible. But is there really no guard? It's like, how should I put it ... I feel a sense of oppression. And ... gaze. I feel like I'm being observed intently by someone.

"Sora, are you sure there's no one here?"

"Huh?"

"What's wrong, Rain? As you can see, there's no one here."

"That's true, but ... I feel like there's something."

"Hmmm ... the man seems to have passed the test."

"What!?"

Suddenly, a voice echoed. I looked around in a panic, but there was no one else there besides us. And yet ... the voice continued.

"I thought I had completely cut off my presence and appearance, but you noticed me. Well done. Compared to my daughters ... it's just pathetic that they don't even notice me when I'm this close."

"Th-that voice ...!?"

"Mom!?" Sora and Luna exclaimed in surprise. In response to their reaction, the space in the center of the cave shook like a mirage.

A spirit tribe member with wings of light on her back appeared. She was smaller and shorter than even Sora and Luna, but her presence made her feel older than anyone in this place, even though she looked like a child.

However, strangely, I don't feel she's a child.

It's contradictory, but I feel she is older  than anyone else here.

With chestnut hair, white skin, and round eyes, they look just like Sora and Luna. If someone said they were their sisters, I would believe it. But she's not really their sister.

"Mother..."

Luna widened her eyes.

"That's right."

Seeing her daughter's surprised expression, Sora and Luna's mother nodded with some satisfaction.

"It's been a long time, my daughters. Have you been well?"

"We've been doing well. Isn't it right, Sora?"

"Yes. As you can see, we've been doing fine, but..."

"Well, that's good. When I heard you had left your post as gatekeepers and gone out into the outside world, I was worried. But it seems you've had a good encounter."

Their mother glanced briefly at us. She seems to have some understanding of our relationship.

Since we can't talk beforehand...

She probably observed this place and quickly deduced the answer.

She's quick-witted.

"Excuse me..."

"Are you their guardian?"

"No. I'm not a guardian, I'm their comrade. My name is Rain Shroud, and I'm an adventurer."

"I'm Kanade."

"I'm Tania."

"Um, I'm Nina."

"I'm Tina Holy. I may look like this, but I'm a ghost."

Everyone greeted each other.

"Hmm... A cat spirit, a dragon tribe, and even a god tribe. And there's a ghost too... Hmm, it's an unusual party. Everyone seems to be connected around that boy."

"You say that as if you've seen it before."

"It's just a guess. You're always ready to move... And you're all prepared to protect that boy, aren't you? That's why I thought that boy was the center. It's a simple guess, isn't it?"

She's really smart.

"Um..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't introduced myself yet."

As I hesitated about how to address her, Sora and Luna's mother bowed as if it was impolite.

"I'm Al. I'm Sora and Luna's mother, and I'm the gatekeeper of this village."

"Al-san, is it?"

"You can call me Al-chan if you like."

Certainly, based on her appearance, adding "chan" would be appropriate, but...

I can't call Sora and Luna's mother "chan".

"Please  let me call you Al-san."

"Oh, how dull. I think I'm still young... Sora and Luna probably think so too."

"Mother is mother, there's no other way to put it. You're already at an age where you can only say that you're old."

"I mean, you're over a hundred years old, and it's ridiculous to expect to be seen as the same age as Sora and Luna."

"Mmm... It seems your mouth has become more eloquent since I last saw you," said Al, puckering her lips childishly.

She was both childish and mature, a person difficult to understand.

"In any case," she continued.

"Huh!?" exclaimed Sora.

"Hyaa!?" added Luna.

Al pulled Sora and Luna towards her and buried her face in their warmth, enjoying their embrace.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well," she said. 

"Mother..." replied Sora

"Your Majesty..." added Luna.

Tears welled up in Sora and Luna's eyes.

"It seems like a lot has happened while I was away," said Al. "I'm sorry I couldn't be here for you. But seeing you two healthy like this... it makes me happy."

Sora and Luna finally couldn't hold back their tears any longer and clung to Al.

"We'll give you some time alone," said Kanade, I nodded in agreement.

The others also agreed, and we all watched as the three of them spent some time together as a family.

TL Note- A breather chapter.........



Comments

Popular Posts