The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 156-In the deep of night: ......

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

(TL: while reading listen to a romantic song in the second half of the chapter for enriched experience)


"Fu."(Rain)



 I went outside to enjoy the night breeze.

 Until a few minutes ago, I had been listening to everyone's reports, summarizing them, and then making plans for tomorrow.



 The research on Iris was somewhat difficult.

 There were many legends, but there was very little credible information.

 As the information was passed down from person to person in the form of folklore, the accuracy of the information faded and became vague.

 Therefore, it was not possible to obtain information on sealing.



 So far, we have not had any significant results.

 Well, this was to some extent to be expected, so I am not discouraged.

 We are just lucky if we find something.

 So, we will continue to work calmly and steadily.



 The work to fortify the village was progressing rather smoothly.

 We set up a wall on both sides of the village so that the demons walking on the ground would not be able to enter.

 Nina's material creation was very helpful in the construction of the barrier.

 I think we were able to save a lot of time by working together with what I was using.



 I set up a trap with thin iron wire wrapped around a fence made of wood.

 Low-ranked demons would be hurt just by approaching and would not be able to get in.



 We also set up gates at the front and rear of the village.

 The gates were simple gates made of multiple logs.

 It is different from the gates made of iron like those in large cities.

 It is less strong, but ......

 Even so, it can limit the intrusion of demons to some extent.

 The damage to the village would be very different without it.



I think it's safe to say that everything is going well.



 I look up at the night sky.



"......Well, let's see what happens now."(Rain)



 It is now clear that Iris is in the vicinity.

 When the strike force arrives, there will be an immediate battle.



 Well, ......

 To be honest I'm not sure if she's still in the vicinity because she has  her bullshit physical and special abilities which can't be judged by our common sense.



 Regardless.



 There is nothing more we can do.

 Not zero, but certainly very little.

 The only thing we can do is to find a way to seal it in case the strike team fails.



 That's all.



 Defeat her.

 Or seal her.

 Either way, that would be the end of Iris.



 No matter how powerful she is.

 No matter how powerful the species.


 There is no way they will get away with fighting with the entire country for free.

 In the not-too-distant future, this case will be settled.

 ...... with the defeat of Iris.



"...... Is that what I want?"(Rain)



 

 There was something that stuck with me.

 My mind was asking me if it was okay to continue like this.

 But I couldn't figure out what was making me feel uncomfortable.



"She's a tricky opponent."(Rain)

"Ara, Could it be me you are talking about?"(Iris)



 A familiar voice came from behind me.



"Who else could it be?"(Rain)

"Oh, you don't seem surprised."(Iris)



 Iris appeared in a flash.

 She is smiling as usual but. ......



 Is it my imagination?

 I think she's sulking just a little bit.

 Could it be that she is disappointed that I am not surprised?



 It could be ......if we are talking about Iris.

"Do you remember the night we first met?"(Rain)

"Yes, yes. Of course I do."(Iris)

"It was a night like today and I was thinking, ...... maybe we'll meet again."(Rain)

"Fufu, it's fate, isn't it?"(Iris)

"Is it fate ......?"(Rain)

"Wouldn't it be nicer if I said so?"(Iris)

"Maybe so."(Rain)



 Iris stands next to me.

 She runs her hand through her hair in the night breeze.



 Looking at her like this,......, she looks just like a normal girl.

 The strongest species.

 The heavenly race.

 The devil.

 She's nothing like that.


"So what's the reason for your visit?"(Rain)

"Oh, did you forget? Rain-sama said you wanted to see me again, didn't you?"(Iris)

"I remember, but ...... you really kept your promise."(Rain)

"I may not look it, but I'm a person of words, you know?"(Iris)

"Even though Arios  was betrayed by you?"(Iris)

"Fufu Rain-sama, you have hit my sore spot."(Iris)



 Iris giggles and laughs, not in a plotting mood or anything, just enjoying the conversation.


"But you did listen to what that hero said, didn't you?"(Iris)

'You're going to pretend that Arios helped the villagers of Pagos by letting him fight you......?"(Rain)

"I suppose he wanted credit and bravery. He offered me such a deal. To be honest, I could have rejected it, but I accepted because ...... he had freed me. I was also told that it would be boring to hunt all the prey at once."(Iris)

"That last bit ruined it for me. ......"(Rain)

"Fufu, I'm the devil."(Iris)



 Iris smiles like a normal girl.



 Looking at her like this, she really isn't any different from a normal girl. ......

 Why would she do something cruel  and evil like that?

 If I could, I would like to look inside Iris's mind.



"There's one thing I'd like to ask you,...... if you don't mind?"(Iris)

"Anything."(Rain)

"You are an adventurer, aren't you, Rain-sama?"(Iris)

"Yes, I am."(Rain)

"Is it by request that you have interrupted me this time?"(Iris)

"Well, ......, something like that."(Rain)



To investigate about Iris.

To seal her or push comes to shove subjugate her.



 The problem is whether or not it is okay to talk to Iris herself about such things. ......

 I had a feeling that Iris would easily find out even if I hid it from her, so I decided that it would be useless and decided to tell her honestly.



"I see."(Iris)



 Iris nodded in agreement.



"What's wrong?"(Rain)

"If I'm wrong, please point out that I'm wrong, okay?"(Iris)

"Oh."(Rain)

"You have undertaken an investigation concerning me, Rain-sama,...... but that request does not include the defeat of me. Am I wrong?"(Iris)

"No, that is correct."(Rain)



 What is Iris trying to say ......?



"Then there is no need to force yourself to fight me, is there?"(Iris)

"Iris,......?"(Rain)

"You can just turn around, kill some time, and report back that unfortunately we didn't achieve anything of note. Well, your heroism may be damaged, but I am sure that ...... Rain will soon be able to start up another heroic project. It's not something to worry about."(Iris)

"What are you trying to say?"(Rain)

Would you please step aside?"(Iris)

(TL: Start the romantic music)

 Iris looked at me.

 Her deep eyes that seem to absorb me almost make me feel dazed.

"So you mean ......"(Rain)

'Please step back from my case."(Iris)

"...... why would Iris say such a thing?"(Rain)

"Fufu, of course—."(Iris)



 Iris gently caresses my cheek and whispers to me with a bewitching smile.



"Because I am ...... fond of you and love you,  Rain-sama."(Iris)

"Are you telling the truth?"(Rain)

"Oh, it's unexpected but I always tell the truth you know."(Iris)

"I have a feeling you've been lying to me, too but ......."(Rain)

"Fufu I don't know what you're talking about."(Iris)



Iris laughs like a naughty child refusing to accept her mischief.

 Sometimes with a bewitching smile ......

 Sometimes she laughs innocently like a child ......



 Which is the true face of Iris?

 Suddenly, I wonder about that.



"I wonder,...... why you care about me so much? I mean, our first encounter was gentle, but I don't think there was any element of caring about me that much ...... after our last encounter."(Rain)

"I don't know how to say it,...... because it's just my feeling,...... but I feel that there is something different about you, Rain-sama, than the usual human being."(Iris)



 Iris spun those words while looking straight at me.
 
TL Note- Someone insert a romantic song 🎵 here.


Comments

Popular Posts