The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 137-Traces of Tragedy

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


After leaving Jisu, we headed south for a few days ......

 We arrived in Pagos without any problems.

 We encountered some demons along the way, but they were not our enemies, as there were A-ranked Axe and Cel with us.



 We reached Pagos in about the shortest possible time.



"......this is terrible."(Rain)



 I frowned as I stepped into the village.

 Everyone else seemed to be in the same boat.



 Half of the houses had burnt to the ground and were reduced to charcoal.

 The other half was crushed to pieces, as if a giant had swung his fist down in mischief.



 There were other small craters and deep cracks running through the earth. ......

 What level of madness would it take to make it look like this?



 I can't even imagine, but ......

 There is no doubt that a storm of destruction has been unleashed here that defies common sense.



"It's like this village caught in the middle of a terrible storm."(Tania)



 Tania commented.

 Sora and Luna agree with her.



"I've heard about it from Rain and others and thought it was terrible,...... but I didn't expect it to be this bad. it's much more than I imagined."(Sora)

'The villagers are exposed to so much "power," how could half of them survive? ...... Oh, no, it's a good thing they survived. I'm not saying it's bad, okay?"(Luna)

"I know it's a little inappropriate, but I had a similar thought."(Tania)

"I agree ......."(Rain)



 I agree with Luna and Tania.



 It is a blessing in disguise that half, if not all, of the villagers survived.

 However, when you are shown so much destruction, it makes you wonder how they were able to survive.



 I don't know what was happening, but ......

 If the power was wielded to turn the village into this, I would think that normally they would have been caught up in it and would have lost their lives right away.

 The fact that it didn't means that ......



 ...... perhaps it was intentionally missed?



 I suddenly thought of that.



 Just a hunch with no basis in fact.

 Even though we are in a situation where we want any small clue now, I can't just speak out a mere speculation.

 It would only confuse everyone even more.

 Above all, I myself don't know why I thought so.

 In the meantime, I'll just keep it in the back of my mind and......

 For now, I'll just keep my mouth shut.



"Nyah,...... I guess it is has to be someone from the strongest species, after all, to be able to do all these things?"(Kanade)



 Kanade uttered such a thing as she looked around the village.



'I suppose there's a good chance.'(Rain)

"How ......?"(Nina)



 Nina tilted her head, as if not understanding the reason for such a speculation.



'If someone is going to do something like this, it would require the movement of a large army, Or someone as powerful as the most powerful species. Do you understand that?"(Rain)

"Uh-huh."(Nina)

'If an army would have to move, it would have to leave a trail of its own."(Rain)

"There's ...... are footprints, okay?"(Nina)



 Nina pointed to the footprints that could be seen all over the place.

 But they are shallow.

 If a person wearing armor stepped into the area, he or she would leave a much deeper footprint.

 I explain this to her.



'I see, so much deep thinking .......'(Nina)

'Well, it's possible that they were moving in light armor. Still, even if a person went on a rampage, it wouldn't look like this. It wouldn't ...... look this bad."(Rain)

"And, you know, the survivors."(Axe)

"And we've heard from survivors that it was only one person who did it. It's hard to imagine anyone but the strongest species being able to do this on their own."(Kanade)

"Oh, I see."(Nina)

"Nyah ...... our billboards will be tarnished."(Kanade)



 Kanade mumbled in frustration.

 Then she looked at me, a bit frightened.



'...... Rain, have you become afraid of the strongest species?'"(Kanade)

"Huh?"(Rain)

'Did  that person doing this ...... make you afraid of us?'(Kanade)



 Kanade seems to be comparing herself to the culprit.



"No, I'm not afraid of you."(Rain)

"Nya."(Kanade)



 Pofu, I pat her on the head.

 Kanade narrowed his eyes comfortably.


 



"Kanade ...... and everyone else is ...... different from the culprit who did this."(Rain)

"Rain ......"(Kanade)

"There's no reason to be afraid , Kanade  is Kanade."(Rain)

"Yeah, thanks."(Kanade)


Kanade's tail wagged happily.



"......"(Rain)



 Kanade seemed to be casually worried about my thinking  of her......

 Leaving what I think aside I believe others won't think the same way as me.

 This time around, the strongest species may end up being persecuted.



 I have to do everything I can to prevent that from happening.

 I have to catch the culprits at any cost.

 I need information to do that.



 I continue to stroll around Pagos.



"But it's still strange, isn't it?"(Tina)



 A voice came from the kettle on Kanade's head.

 It belongs to Tina.

Since she cannot walk on the ground,...... she say she can fly if she use magic power, but it is tiring and does not last long....... This is how Kanade is carrying the kettle on his head, in which Tina is dwelling.




Nonetheless  Kanade is walking around with the kettle on her head and it doesn't look as if she's going to drop it.

 I wonder how she acquired her exquisite sense of balance.



"Nyan, what's the strange thing you say?"(Kanade)

"You're talking about the strongest species that  did this, right?"(Tina)

"That's right.'(Kanade)

'And the strongest species is called the devil. That's a strange expression, because I've been dead for a long time. ...... Well, okay. Anyway, I've been around for a long time, but I've never heard of such a powerful species. Do you know more about it Kanade?"(Tina)

"Well,...... she's a girl, wears a black dress, and has wings, right? And yet, I've also never heard of the devil ......."(Kanade)



 That's the problem, isn't it?

 According to what I have heard from survivors, the culprit is most likely the strongest species.

 Seeing the scene like this makes me strongly believe that they are right.

 Only a very small number of people have the power to cause such a tragedy.



 So I don't think it's wrong to think that the culprit is the strongest species. ......

 I can't think of the relevant strongest species.



"With wings....I don't  know"(Tania)

"No, I also don't think know."(Nina)

"I don't know either. ......"(Sora)



 



 Do I really not know?

 Something is stuck in the corner of my memory. ......

 I wonder what it was.

 Something that seems to be bothering me. ......?



'Hey!"(Axe)



 I was brought back to myself by a voice.

 I turned around and saw Axe and Cel.



 They were going their separate ways.

 We were exploring the village.

 Axl and Cel had gone to check out the shrine where the demon was said to be sealed.



"How are things going over there? Did you find anything?"(Axe)



 Axe asked.

 I shook my head in response.



"No, I don't have any clues. If I had to say so, I would say that ...... the culprit this time is a monster."(Rain)

"I agree with you on that. I only took a light look on  village, but ...... I didn't know there were people in the world who were capable of such a thing."(Axe)

"Axe, you're going off on a tangent."(Cel)



 Cel poked Axe



"Oops, my bad."(Axe)

"How'd it go for Axe and Cel?"(Rain)

"We found what looks like a shrine."(Axe)



  "look like ......?"(Rain)

 I felt a tug at Axe's phrasing.



"I'd rather have you actually see it than talk about it, Is there anything left to investigate in the village?"(Axe)

"No—"(Rain)



 I looked at their faces.

 Everyone shook their heads.



"—No, not at the moment."(Rain)

"Then will you come with us?"(Cel)

"Okay."(Rain)



 We left the village for a while.

 Then, Axl and Cel led us up the mountain.

 On the way, we had to walk on animal paths, but with Axe and Cel guiding us, we did not get lost.



 Then, about 30 minutes into the mountains, we arrived at our ...... destination.



"That's the shrine."(Axe)

"This is ......."(Rain)



 Because of the uncertainty of the existence of devil, I was skeptical whether the shrine was real or not. ......

 The shrine did exist.



 ...... However, it had been destroyed by someone.


TL Note- Who is that someone? Any wild guesses?


Prev 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts