The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 126- Devil

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


'Destruction ......?"(Rain)



 The not-so-gentle words make me furrow my brow.



'What do you mean? Some kind of localized disaster?"(Rain)

'No,...... it's man-made."(Natalie)

'Was it ...... perhaps another country trying to attack us?"(Rain)

'No, that's not it either. Or rather, my words were wrong. We know that it was done by someone else, but the ...... identity of that someone else is vague."(Natalie)



 Natalie's face showed confusion.

 The guild doesn't seem to have the exact information yet either.

 Still, they probably have a lot more information than I do, who knows nothing.

 I asked her about it.



"I quite don't  understand. Can you elaborate from the beginning?"(Rain)

 "Yes, I will. ...... I'm sorry. It's just that the whole thing was so confusing, even for me."(Rain)

"It can't be helped."(Rain)



 A village was destroyed.

 it's hard to stay calm after knowing that. 


"It all started with a certain merchant."(Natalie)



 Natalie opened her mouth quietly.

 Everyone, including me, listened attentively.



"The merchant was doing business with the people of Pagos. Pagos has a speciality in textiles, and they had an exclusive contract with the merchant. Every month, on the same day, the people of  Pagos would leave the village and go to the merchant to sell their textiles. ...... But for some reason, this month, the villagers didn't seem to show up at any time."(Natalie)

"......"(Rain)

"The merchant was curious and decided to visit Pagos. Pagos was about a week's walk from River End,...... and he arrived without incident. Then ...... the merchant saw Pagos in ruins, as if it had suffered a disaster."(Natalie)



 Villagers suddenly out of touch.

 A destroyed village.

 This alone indicates that something unusual and out of the ordinary is happening.



 Just looking at her.....



 From Natalie's stiff face, it seems that the situation is much more serious.

 Even though I am just listening to her story, I naturally get nervous.



'I hear that the houses were destroyed, burned ...... and the whole village was in shambles, as if a war had broken out. And ...... the dead bodies of the villagers were found lying around."(Natalie

"That's terrible......."(Kanade)



 Kanade seemed to imagine the scene and looked like she was about to cry.



'Fortunately,...... I should say, there were survivors. The merchant asked the survivors what had happened. The people of the village were all just repeating with fear in there eyes, 'The devil has risen.'"(Natalie)

"The devil ......?"(Kanade

"What ...... is that? The figurative ...... thing?"(Nina)



 Nina tilted her head.



"The guild and I heard stories from the villagers, but they only repeated the same thing,...... and they were all in a state of panic. I think they must have been in a terrible situation."(Natalie)

'...... guild only heard stories?'(Rain)

"No, no way. We have done as much research as we can, which is still not enough. We went back into the history of Pagos, and we looked into ...... whether there was a being called the devil or not, and that kind of thing."(Natalie)

"What were the results?"(Rain)

'...... the devil does exist.'(Natalie)



 Natalie gave a small nod with a nervous look on her face.



"After reviewing the literature of Pagos and the past records of the surrounding area,......, we have come to the conclusion that the devil does exist."(Natalie)

"The Devil ......?"(Nina)

"You don't know his name? I mean, is it a demon monster, or is it a  member  of the demon tribe?"(Kanade)

"I'm sorry, we haven't figured that out yet. ......"(Natalie)



 Natalie looked apologetic at Kanade's question.



'But I am certain that there is something called the devil. According to the Pagosians, that demon was sealed in the mountain. Something happened and that seal was broken. And ......"(Natalie)

"You mean  ...... that attacked Pagos?"(Rain)

"Yes. That's what the guild believes."(Natalie

"......."(Rain)



 Naturally,I look grim.

 A being with immense power, which would be sealed, has been unleashed.

 The danger of this was proven by the destruction of Pagos.



 ...... Maybe this is a bigger deal than I thought.

 The guild is currently investigating the demon with all of our resources. At the moment, we don't know what it looks like, what its purpose is, or anything about it, but ...... it is a demon that has destroyed an entire village and caused numerous casualties. It would be too optimistic to think that nothing will happen."(Natalie)

"I agree."(Rain)

'The guild has identified this one as an urgent request. If left unchecked, it could cause damage not only to Pagos, but to other towns as well. So we will do our best to deal with it. The main way we plan to do that is by forming three squads to work on the case."(Natalie)

"Nyan? Three?"(Kanade)

"First, a team to investigate the true nature and purpose of the demon. Next is a team that investigates how to seal the demon. Then there is the team that will ...... defeat the demon."(Natalie)



 I see.

 So they are not only aiming to defeat the demon, but also to attack it from all angles.

 To investigate the identity and purpose is to see if a compromise can be found.

 Examining the seal is for insurance in case we fail to defeat it.



 The guild seems to recognize the demon or whatever as a complete 'enemy'.

 ......Well, that's not surprising.

 

 They don't know what it is, but they're sure it's harmful to people.



"Shroud-san?"(Natalie)



 Natalie looked straight at me.



"I can't deny that this is a dangerous situation but I am still asking your strength. Please, can you help us?"(Natalie)

"It's ......."(Rain)

"Shroud-san...... No, Rain-san, I feel that only you can solve this case successfully, ...... can't you please?"(Natalie)



 From what I've heard, this request is dangerous.

 I honestly don't care if it's just me, but I don't want to get everyone involved.


 But ......



"......"(Rain)



 I remembered my hometown.



 This time the enemy ...... demon or whatever it is destroyed Pagos.

 That seems to overlap with my hometown.

 I can't think of it as someone else's problem.



 I can't just leave it ......

 But I'm not going to let everyone ......



"Okay!"(Kanade)

"Kanade!"(Rain)



 When I'm not sure what to say, Kanade answers on her own.



"I'll take care of it! We'll do something about it!"(Kanade)

'I'll do my best."(Nina)

"Even Nina ...... is taking the liberty of ...... such a thing."(Rain)

"I know that Rain is concerned about us,......, but we can always lend a hand."(Kanade)

"...... Rain should do what ...... Rain wants to do, ......"(Nina)

'Yes, We're just going to help you with that. Tania, Sora, Luna, Tina and everyone else will never complain."(Kanade)

"I wish you could ...... rely on us more ......."(Nina)

"Girls....."(Rain)



 



 I thought I was thinking about everyone, but ......

 The actual fact is, I might not have trusted them.

 I thought I was just trying to keep them away from me because it was dangerous, and not to spoil it for them but if I don't  trust their strength......

Then how can I say I am one of them?



"...... Yeah, you're right. You're both right."(Rain)

"Then ......"(Natalie)

"I think I'm going to take the commission. I can't leave it alone and I don't know if it's going to be solved by us ......but more than anything, I don't feel like it's someone else's problem. So, I want to solve it at any cost. Will you help me to do so?"(Rain)

"Yes."(Kanade&Nina)



 Kanade and Nina nodded with a smile together.

 The other people who are not here will surely respond with a smile as well.



 I'm in good company.

 If this is fate, then I feel grateful to fate.



"Let's see, ......, are you sure you want to take on the job?"(Natalie)

"Yes, I accept.....no we accept"(Rain)



 I nodded firmly in response to Natalie's question.



'Thank you! With the addition of Shroud and his team, I'm sure we'll make it!"(Natalie

"You're exaggerating."(Rain)

"No, no, I'm not exaggerating. Shroud-san and his team are the heroes of Horizon! If Shroud-san and his team will join us, I am sure we will be able to fulfill this request successfully."(Natalie)



 I don't want us to be heroes.

 It's too creepy.



"Besides, ...... I myself believe in you,  Shroud-san."(Natalie)



 Natalie smiles.

 



"Nyah ......"(Kanade)



 Seeing this, for some reason, Kanade's face turns wary.

 Why?



'Well,...... back to the story, what are we supposed to do? We're going to divide the squad into three, right?"(Rain)



 An investigation squad to investigate the identity and purpose of the demon.

 A defeat squad to fight the demon.

 An exploration team to find a way to seal the demon.



 Where will we be assigned?



"It's not a definite decision yet, so it's just a prediction, but ...... I think Shroud and the others will probably be assigned to the investigation team."(Natalie)

"Nyan? The "Nyan?" is not a strike team?"(Kanade)



 




 Kanade, who seemed ready to fight, looked a bit out of sorts.

'The danger level is the same for every group."(Natalie)

─ Yes, Natalie is right.



 The investigation team will naturally have to get closer to the devil in order to investigate him, so there should be a certain amount of danger.

 The exploration team, which is to investigate how to seal the place, may be interfered with by the demon.

 Not to mention the defeat squad.



 When I explained this, Kanade looked convinced and clapped her palms with a plop.



"I see. It's tough everywhere, isn't it?"(Kanade

"That's what I meant."(Rain)

''This request, I think it's going to be the toughest one ever, ...... please take care of it.''(Natalie)



 Natalie-san said and bowed her head deeply.

TL Note- The toughest adventure begins now.


Comments

Popular Posts