Evil Avalon


Chapter 100-Rain that began to fall

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)

On the way back from the cathedral on the 20th floor, I managed to evade the strict pursuit of Kuga-san and the chief butler, and finally arrived at our house.



 I could have returned home immediately if I had used the gate, but of course I could not do so because I had to keep it a secret. I also wanted to keep my abilities under wraps, so I kept my mouth shut and avoided the topic at times, but now as they were watching my every move, and I had been spending all this time on the edge of the needle. I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally.



"I'm so exhausted, sofa here I come."



 I was too lazy to go upstairs to my room, so I slumped down on the old sofa in the living room ...... and at the same time the house chime rang. The Narumi family is having a dungeon dive day today, so the "General Merchandise Shop Narumi" is closed. The family is out hunting and I should be the only one at home. I was sleepy, but I thought there might be a customer at the store, so I decided to answer the door.

 

 When I opened the door to see who it was, I found my childhood friend standing there with her arms folded and staring at me with a glare.



"Why didn't you answer the phone?"

"......Kaworu?



 A phone call. I know that I had hundreds of incoming calls and texts from my classmates on my arm terminal, but I was ...... exhausted and ignored them all. What was going on?

 

 As I was wondering what to say to her, my childhood friend looked at me closely and was surprised to see her big eyes widen even more. Well, I guess she would be surprised to see me lose so much weight in such a short period of time, but I think she was a little too surprised.

 

"What's wrong? You've become so thin. ...... Sota, you're  him right?"

"It's said, 'Boys, if you don't see each other for three days, you'll never see each other again. You're here now, so I'll at least offer you some tea."



 I guess she must have a few questions you'd like to ask me but I'm too tired to answer them. 

 

 Kaworu, on the other hand, nodded slightly and took off her shoes, although she made a gesture as if she was hesitating for a moment. Come to think of it, I was the only one in the house, so maybe she was being cautious. It's not good that I was too tired to think about that level of thing but I won't do anything, so please don't worry.

 

 

 

 I want to take a break too, so I'm going to make tea for both of us. I think I found some good new tea over there: ...... this is it. I put the teacup filled with hot tea on the table and looked at Kaworu, who was staring at me.

 

"I hope it suits your palate,......," 

"Oh, thank you. I'll take it."

 

   She sat down at the table across from me and took a break while sipping my tea. I sat down on a chair and was about to pick up my teacup when Kaworu asked me.

 

"I'm talking about the ...... class competition. May I?

"I'm good, carry on."



 The arm terminal had been turned off or left in the locker, so she couldn't contact me, and this caused a lot of trouble and worry for Kaworu, who was in charge of overseeing the group. I'll tell her what I can.



"You were originally going to turn around at the 7th floor and meet up with us, but ...... why did you go up to the 20th floor, such  a dangerous level?"

" I was going to turn back too, but the B class aristocrats--"



 I just went with the group to carry the luggage. I explain that I was surrounded by dozens of helpers, so there was never a situation where students had to fight. Well, there was only the last one that was messy.

 

 Kaworu listens to me as if to check each one of my explanation and looks deep into my eyes to see if it is true. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable when she looked at me with those eyes. I think I can handle it if I sort out what to say and what not to say and deal with it calmly, but the Buta-o-mind inside me almost screams with joy, so I end up thinking in a confused way.

 

 She then asks me suspiciously why the great demon's magic stone was an E-class one.

 

 I realized this later, but it seems that Tenma had somehow registered the magic stone I thought I had pushed on Tenma as mine. However, I couldn't tell her that I had fought with the Lesser Demon, so I pushed her by saying, "I didn't do anything in particular, maybe she gave it to me because we got along well." However, it seems that she is still not convinced.

 

"I wonder why she gave you such a valuable magic stone. ...... It's so valuable that it would cost 10 million yen if she bought it."

"Ten million?"



 The magic stones of raid monsters are more valuable as treasures than as magic stone energy and are traded at a high price in the market. If it belongs to a famous monster, the price jumps up. Even though the Narumi family's economy has been improving recently, we have never handled such a large amount of goods. Because of the amount of money, I have to give Tenma and Kuga their share too.

"But I'm getting information that you have been hanging out with the second in command for a long time. It seems that she likes you a lot,...... but recently Sota also has been strangely open-minded,...... for example, Kusunoki  Kirara senpai."

 

 The results of the class competition that took place yesterday were announced. Kusunoki appeared there alone and asked her to give me a message.

 

"She said she was having a "tea party" this evening."

"I remember she invited me .......way back"



 I remembered that Kusunoki had invited me to the "Kunoichi Red" clan party about a month ago. The clan leader of Kunoichi Red is a sexy actress who often appears on TV and is well known among the general public, so I had an image of Kunoichi Red as a group of entertainers. Aggressive clan. I heard that it is an underworld clan that specializes in espionage and assassinations.



 I was not happy to be invited to such a dangerous clan, and I would have refused, but that was not the case. After all, I had received a personal invitation from Haruka Mikami, the leader of the Kunoichi Red clan.



 I did some research on this Haruka Mikami, and found out that she is a noblewoman with the rank of count, whose father was a politician and former minister in the House of Peers with a strong military background, and whose mother is the daughter of a wealthy family that is descended from a marquis. The Goshin family seems to be a wealthy aristocrat with strong connections in the political and business worlds. Incidentally, Kira Kusunoki is a niece of Haruka Goshin.

 

"Do you know what kind of person this Kusunoki is?"

"Well, I don't know. Well, in a manner of speaking....."

'I thought you said you weren't even acquaintances when I asked you before ......, but from what she told me yesterday, she seemed to know about Sota."



 She say, and she looks deep into my eyes again, trying to determine who I am and what I'm thinking.

 

 I, a childhood friend who should have led an ordinary life up until high school, had somehow made the acquaintance of a nobleman. And she is one of the most prestigious nobles in the adventurer school. If such a person went to the trouble of coming alone to meet with me, it is not unreasonable to assume that something had happened.

 

 Most aristocrats are proud and don't care what happens to ordinary people. If something goes wrong, there are those who will even try to pervert the judicial system. It is better to think that there is no aristocrat who is tolerant and treats everyone without distinction like  Tenma-san.

 

 The nobility, so to speak, is like a disaster for the common people, and Kaworu is probably worried about that and is probing into the matter.

 

"So, what about  the tea party?"

"Oh ...... well. What can I say?"

 

 I have been invited to a magical place called a tea party. The other side must have invited me because they wanted to examine my background and make a judgment on me in person. Since they are nobles, I can't ignore them, but there is no denying the possibility of trouble if I go. I will tell my family to stay in the dungeon for tonight, and of course I don't want Kaworu to get involved.

 

 --I think - but my inner Buta-o-mind is appealing to me to expose everything and pull her into my side. Kaworu Hayase is a very wise and sincere person and she is also trustworthy.



 I am well aware of that. I have thought many times that I would like to bring her to my side. However, Kaworu's trust in me is not just zero, it's a big negative because she hates me so much because of what I've done up until now. If the relationship is this far gone, it would be easier to bring in someone else.

 

(Although, there is also the matter of  Akagi-san and the others.)

 

 This time, it was an inter-class competition. Akagi and his team entered the exam without meeting the standard level, and as expected, they did not achieve any results and suffered from various troubles. If left unchecked, they will inevitably struggle in future events as well and the main storyline could end in failure. If that is the case, it would be better to draw Kaworu in and provide support through her, even if it means struggling to make Akagi and his team stronger.

 

"Is there something you can't tell me?"



 With big eyes, she appeals to me, "If there is something you are hiding, please talk about it. 'Of course, the only reason I want to bring Kaworu in is not only because I want to do something about Akagi and her friends. How dependable it would be to have such a talented, lovely, and kind girl on your side. How much more colorful our days would be. Buta-o-mind is also so excited that he repeatedly appeals to me to reach out to her. But--



"-- no. They're going to treat me to a meal. If they're going to go to all this trouble, I thought I'd go and enjoy it."

"Oh......"



 Her long eyelashes go down in disappointment as she realizes that I won't tell the core of the story. Kaworu does not have a future story where she is driven into a catastrophic situation like Satsuki, and there should be no particularly terrible bad ending. Even if she faces hardships, she is blessed with dependable friends and has high potential to overcome them if she has the fortitude to do so. With such a bright future awaiting her, there is no way I would allow my greed to drag her into it on its own.

 

 Besides. If she doesn't seem to be able to overcome her hardships, I am always willing to come to her aid. It's not to say that I'm atoning for my past sins, but I'll do my best to support her from the shadows. I also think Lisa and Satsuki will back me up via Tachiki-kun, and it will be enough for me to decide whether to bring Kaworu inside or not after I see that.

 

 

 

 I spent an awkward time sipping my tea in silence and watching the other side. I was pondering if there was anything good to talk about while thinking about how bitter this tea was

 (......)

The awkard silence broke when I heard a drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip. It seems to be starting to rain.

 

 Kaworu gazes out the window with a melancholy expression on her face. Long eyelashes and slanted eyes. A well-defined nose and contours. Looking at her beautiful profile, I remember that she was a very popular character in Dun-Ex, even if not as popular as the next student council president or Pink-chan. No wonder my childhood friend was so desperate not to be taken as a wife it was understandable if she was this beautiful.

 

 As I was admiring her with my inner Buta-o-mind, she suddenly stood up with her eyes wide open.

 

"Sota--no. I've got some things to think about, so I'm going home for today."

"Ok. Be careful. ......  your home is just around the corner, but just in case be alert."


 I was surprised to see her leave so abruptly, maybe because she was pissed off that I had been watching her.



"I'll explain it to my classmates, and I'll ...... see you later then."



 The time that had just passed so slowly seemed like a lie, and Kaworu was gone like the wind.  In any case, in such a busy time, it is really helpful that she went out of her way to deliver the message and even explained it to her classmates. I send her to the door and thank her for her help.

 

 

 

 The door is closed and silence reigns in the Narumi household. I return to the living room, stretching to relieve my sore muscles.

 
 I thought I could finally go home and relax, but I didn't realize there was a Clan party still left.



 I want to run away as fast as I can. I want to dive into bed as much as I can. I was tempted to do so, but I shook my head and decided to cut off the temptation. Even if I were to resist the nobles, I would have to raise my family's level to 30 or so. Until then, I should refrain from doing anything that might attract their attention.

 

 "I remember her saying I could wear a uniform. Let's just take a shower and then think about what to do."

 

 

 As I was heading for the bathtub with a change of clothes, I heard a thudding sound coming down the stairs from above. It was quiet, so I didn't think anyone was there, but it seemed Hanano was there.

 

"O-ni. Welcome back~! You really have lost weight!"

"I didn't know you were there. I thought you were in the dungeon, too, since the room was so dark."

"I was sleeping! Oh, it's raining already! I have to put the laundry in quickly."



 She hurriedly took out the laundry basket and took in the laundry that had been hanging outside to dry. I can't believe she slept with the laundry hanging out to dry in such a gloomy weather. What a lazy child.



"I have to talk to you after you get out of the bath. Give me some time later, will you?""

"I have a towel, a T-shirt, a mask, and ...... this robe, which is hard to dry, but it's wet!"



 It was my first shower in a week. Even though I had cleaned my body with "Purification," I still wanted to use hot water.

TL Note- Sorry for the late release, my exams are coming and we are catching up to the raws.



Comments

  1. Man... i dont like this whole "buta mind" thing, he need to realize that he is him and buta is buta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some of the gimmicks r weak like buta mind but otherwise the worldbuilding and plot is pretty solid

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts