Evil Avalon



Chapter 80-One hit kill-stance

(TL:By Rafael)




After passing through a desolate hilly area, the group is walking in a group through a pitch-dark forest where the undead are wandering about.



 Visibility is very poor due to the eerie trees surrounding them, and they are on the lookout for surprise attacks. It's difficult to get lost ...... because all you have to do is go straight down this road to get to the next 19th floor.

 

"Ready! Fire!"

 

 The bowmen, who were accompanied by someone, lined up horizontally and fired arrows with wind attribute all at once. The target was Trent, a tree-shaped monster blocking the road several dozen meters ahead. It is troublesome to approach it because it attacks by squeezing you with its reachable branches, and even if you ignore it, you have to go around it by entering the dark and dangerous forest because it is blocking the middle of the road like this. This is also the reason why there is no end to the number of adventurers who get lost.



 Even so, Trent's speed of movement is slow, and if he can attack remotely in this way, he is not a formidable opponent.

 

 The trunk of the torrent, which was about one meter in diameter, was gouged out by a volley of shots and bent with a cracking sound. Judging from the power of the arrows, this team of archers must be well over level 20. Normally, arrows shot at trees would only pierce them, but they easily made a large hole in them.

 

The bow team of the Suo family, right? It's hard to get that many [archers] even for a clan. It's hard to train them.



 According to Amama, who was explaining the situation next to me, it costs a lot of money to raise 【Archer】. The arrows he was using earlier are not the ordinary ones sold there, but are made by processing mithril alloy to withstand a large load. If he had to shoot those things every time he attacked, there was no way he would be able to earn enough money to cover his expenses in any hunting ground, and he was sure to go broke. Therefore, I hear that in many cases, there are patrons such as nobles and clans behind the [archer].

 

 On the other hand, if they grow up to be archers, they can be said to be one of the strongest jobs in this level range, so they will be able to acquire a large amount of power and will also be a foil for the organization. Amama-san also says sincerely that she would like to raise a bow unit someday.

 

"It's as if a nearby monster was caught by the sound and came over."

'It's smaller than the demon wolf, but it's significantly faster.

'Yes, and since it's a spirit, it will walk right through the grass and trees."



 The sound of the bow and arrow's impact causes the nearby dog-shaped evil spirits, the barghests, to gather together. 

 

 As I look to see what they are going to do, a woman dressed in a miko (shrine maiden) costume breaks through the crowd and steps forward. They are Sera-san's attendants who belong to the Seiyojo Organization. She starts chanting magic in a light, melodic voice.

 

"O loving light! Peace be upon thee. Medium recovery!"

 

 Since recovery magic works as an attack against spirits and undead, healers can also play the role of attackers in this undead zone. Moreover, since recovery magic can hit even with a rough aiming aim, it is possible to hit fast-moving burglars without any problem.

 

 However, the MP efficiency of recovery magic is very low, and the coold time for reusing it is also long, so it has the disadvantage of not being able to be used frequently. As if to compensate for this, another priestess comes out from behind and casts recovery magic one after another.

 

'I wonder what kind of saintly institution can gather that many healers.

'Can't you ask Sera-san?

'We haven't talked much about it. I'll ask her next time."



 Even the "medium recovery" used by the priestess earlier has the effect of regenerating a tooth or a finger if not much time has passed since it was damaged. Naturally, they are in high demand in the medical field as well, and sometimes surprisingly large sums of money can be spent on them. There is no way that powerful people or criminal organizations would leave such healers alone, and in the past they were kidnapped and imprisoned as human recovery potions, which became a social problem.

 

 The Saint Women's Institution was created to protect "saints," but it is also a place to protect and nurture healers who are vulnerable to such crimes.

 

 In Dun-Ex, episodes related to the Seijo Organization are only briefly mentioned in the Sera Kikyo route, and we don't even know what kind of person the [Seijo] is after all. I think Sera might be able to tell me about her if I asked her, but Amama has never talked to her much about it. I wonder if she is not very good at social interaction.

 

 

 

 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...

The group continued to walk through the dark forest and reached the 19th floor, one step short of the goal. The 200m distance from the stairs connecting the two floors is a safe zone where monsters do not pop up, so this is where they will stay for the night.

 

 There are no stores on the 19th floor, even in the entrance plaza, and the facilities are limited to coin lockers and simple toilets. The monsters that pop up in this area are skeleton mages, which are quick bar-guests and use high-fire magic attacks even though they are spirits, so it is not a good hunting ground. Thanks to this, this entrance plaza is monopolized by a group of adventurers who have reached the depths.

 

 Since we arrived late, each of us immediately started preparing for dinner. I parted ways with Tenma for dinner.

 

 It seems that the nobles are very strict about eating at the table even in this dungeon, and their attendants are working hard to set up the table and prepare the food. It seems that many of them eat alone, not while chatting with their friends. I still don't understand many of the habits of the nobility, but I can somehow tell that they value their dignity above all else.

 

(I'm going to prepare dinner, too...)

 

 I took out a stove and a bean-shaped rice bowl from my magic bag, poured in rice and water, and flipped the switch. When the rice is cooked, pour warmed instant curry over it and dinner is ready. Ordinary people don't have to worry about their appearance, so it's nice and easy.

 

 While the rice was cooking, I idly wondered what other people were doing. The helpers, who were mainly engaged in fighting, were taking off their protective gear and were diligently taking care of their weapons. Surprisingly, many of them were women, perhaps because they were matching the gender of the nobles who were accompanying them.

 

 Other helpers were cooking rice and stirring a large pot. There must be cooks, but I have only seen them cooking for the nobles.

 

 There are also priestesses going around casting "purification" spells on them.

 

 Purification magic is used to remove debuffs, but it also removes dirt and grime from clothes and body, making it a very useful daily life magic when one cannot take a bath. The reason why healers are not allowed to use this magic, even though there are healers among the helpers, is because it is a hidden magic that has been handed down only to the saintly women's institution. The reason for not disclosing this magic, even though it is not dangerous, is not known, whether it is due to a conflict of interest or to raise the value of the priestesses.

 

 The priestesses were applying "purification" to even the B-class assistants in turn, but they did not apply it to me even though I was waiting for them to do so. I wonder if there is a condition for applying it.

 

(But I already know how to use "Purification", don't I?)

 

I secretly use "Purification" to keep myself clean. Scrolls are usually sold at Obaba's store, so anyone who can get to the store can learn it without much effort. Incidentally, it seems that this magic also makes the skin beautiful, and the women in my family use it several times a day without fail, even when they have to take a bath.

 

 Speaking of other concerns.

 

(Well, I don't feel like going to ......, but I'll give a shout out just in case.)

 

 I didn't really intend to call out to them, pretending not to notice them until the end, but I'm not comfortable with being followed and observed all the time. Let's settle this now.

 

 



 *...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...

There was a girl standing alone at a distance sipping a cup of ramen.



 She was wearing a hat and sunglasses in spite of the dangerous and dimly lit nighttime MAP, and was dressed inappropriately in a sweatshirt with some kind of character painted on it and denim shorts. Perhaps she was trying to disguise herself?

 

"Hi, it's you, Kuga-san, isn't it? Did you come all the way out here to follow me?"

 

 She slowly looks up and when she realizes that it is me who has called out to her, she wrinkles her brow and looks grim ......, but she doesn't stop sipping her ramen. She has a very strong spirit, or rather, a frighteningly fast pace.

 

 

"When did ...... you know?"

"You don't know how long I've known?"



 Even though she was using her covert skills, I thought everyone would have noticed if she had been following them all the time dressed in such a suspiciously Parisian outfit, but no one was suspicious of her even though she had been blending in with the group of helpers and accompanying them for all these days. Could it be that the disguise had an effect? Or it is possible that the helpers do not know who is participating.
 

"It's brilliant that you don't show any tails, but it's suspicious enough when you are so unconcerned in a deep level like this."

"I think that could be said of Kuga-san as well."



  I don't want to be told by someone who is leisurely eating ramen at this stage of the game. Then she asked me why even was checking behind me for something, but  was not able to  come up with anything. My sister and parents are about to get to the point where something might come up, but there's nothing behind me, I'm a genuine civilian.

 

 Still, she seems to have determined that I am an agent of some country. Through her sunglasses, she stares at me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I don't know what she was looking for, but it's not going to reveal anything.

 

"So ...... I'll just ask you directly."



  She puts her cup to the side after drinking down to the very last drop and stands up gently, pulling out a dagger from the holder at her waist. She is not planning to fight here, is she?

 
 

"If you fight in a place like this and stand out, won't Kuga-san get in trouble?"

'That's only if you have the ability to fight me. It will be over soon, so don't worry."



 She turned to me and added, 

"The interrogation may take a long time."

 I'm just a little curious as to what kind of interrogation this is, but I'd prefer not to ...... gently, if at all.
 

"Maybe I'm stronger than you," he says.

"That's not possible. If I really try, you'll give in a twist.'



(I think she was a [rogue] at level 24, right?)

 

 The [rogue], with its abundance of covert and disguise skills, is a concealed job restricted to those who have pledged allegiance to the country or are on special missions, because the damage if misused is immeasurable. This is true not only in Japan but also in the world. The rule of the world seems to be that information that could be dangerous to society is thoroughly controlled by the government.



 Kuga-san, the "rogue," is of course no ordinary high school girl.

 

 She has been in the dungeon since she can remember and has undergone numerous battle trainings. At this point, not even Sera-san or Amama-san can beat her, and even including the upperclassmen, there is no one stronger than her - well, except for the players. That's how good she is.

 

"If you can move faster than me, I'll give you a ...... compliment.[Accelerator]."



 Kuga-san lifts her sunglasses with his index finger and activates it as if muttering to himself. The wind that enhances mobility clings to his feet. The actuality that she is going to use such a skill from the very first move suggests that she's wary of me.

 

 The two sides are poised to close the distance between us, and when she reach a certain distance, Kuga's body shakes to the side, leaving her hat behind. She was aiming for an instantaneous settlement with an attack from a blind spot. If that is the case, then I too will be ready to counterattack with a one-hit kill stance.

 

 I dropped my center of gravity and moved my hands slightly forward. With this, I will end this!

 

 

"Please forgive me!"





 It's a high-speed kneeling posture. Even Kuga-san is a girl of her age. If a man were to drop all of his pride and get down on his knees in front of her, she would hesitate unbearably. Maybe she would be upset and frightened. But I would use psychological warfare to my advantage, even if I had to be a devil at heart. I'll be shaken and played for a fool...

 

"Ow, that hurts!"

"What are you doing?"



 I'm lowering my head unprotected and she stomps on it without hesitation. She twisted my head around. The soles of her shoes are like spikes, so they are very stiff and painful. I wonder if she has the temperament of a queen.

 

 I begged her several times to listen to me, but she wouldn't stop groping her feet. It was only after about 10 minutes that she moved her foot away from me, saying she was distracted.

TL Note- I finished in time, Now I am off to watch jurassic world dominion. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts