A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 20

Chapter 4-Erio's transformation.

(TL:By Rafael)



"Damn it, Erio! Come to your senses!"(Aruna)

"Aruna, Aruna, Aruna, Aruna!"(Erio)







 







 A flash of blackness struck me and Aruna.

 

 Erio was clearly not in her right mind as she attacked with tears of blood. Her voice sounded like it was echoing and she was constantly charging at the wounded Aruna.
 

 I managed to intervene in between them, but the blow was uncommonly heavy.



 



 Every time I blocked a blow, my arm would go numb.

 

 If I wasn't careful, the pressure alone might break my arm.

 

 It was a series of blows that made me think that.





"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"(Erio)





 





 Erio's high-pitched voice rises as if her throat is about to split.

 

 I desperately called out to her, but she did not respond.





"Damn it, ......!"(Cleo)





 





 Since it's Erio-san, I can't make a move on her.

 

 We were on the defensive and time was running out. I was able to let the people in the inn escape, but it was difficult to stop the damage any further.

 

While I was in the middle of this.

 

 Suddenly, Aruna said, "





"Cleo, use me as bait. ......!"(Aruna)

"What ......?"(Cleo)





 





 I was taken aback by the suddenness of it.

 

 I asked him back, fending off the attack just in time.





"Why?"(Cleo)

"All Elio wants is me. So--"(Aruna)



 





 --Use me as bait.



 



 He said it straight out.

 

 He said that he would sacrifice himself to defeat Erio.




"............!"(Cleo)





 





 

 

 When I heard Aruna's words, I hesitated.

 

 That would be a bad move for sure. Suppose I treat him as a decoy. If that happens, I can't guarantee his life. In addition, if I make a mistake, I will lose both Elio and Aruna.

 

 I wanted to avoid that for sure.



 



 But...





"Damn, do you have a better idea ......!"(Aruna)





 





 While I was doing this, the delirious Elio continued her attack.

 

 Her chase was getting more and more powerful, until she finally snatched my cheek. I wondered if it was time for me to decide. Do I have to abandon one of the two?

 

 That's what I thought. At that moment...





"----!"(Erio)





 





 Suddenly, the hand of the attacker relaxed.

 

 Then, after a certain distance, Erio-san stopped moving.

 

 She was staring intently at a single point, her eyes trembling with obvious agitation. I wondered what she was looking at, so I looked beyond her gaze.

 

 And there it was.





"Is that the hairpiece I picked up before ......?"(Cleo)




 





 It was an ornament I had found in Erio's room.

 

 I don't know why. But she looked at the hair ornament and said.





"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"(Erio)





 





 She stopped moving.

 

 She hold her head and begin to shed large tears.
 

 She gets down on both knees, looks down, but shakes her head violently as if to shake something off.

 

 And finally....





"Ki......."(Erio)

"What ......?"(Cleo)





 





 One word escaped her lips as she rambled on.





"Whoa!"(Cleo)





 





 Something like a black fog spread around me.

 

 But it was only for a moment, and when I opened my eyes, there was no one there.





"Erio, ......."(Cleo)





 





 I stood there, dumbfounded by what had happened.

 

 I stood there stunned, repeating the last thing she had said to me.







"Kill me, ......."(Cleo)

TL Note- ...........sed.....comment your thoughts...



Comments

Popular Posts