A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 18

Chapter 5-The curse that was placed on Aruna.

(TL:By Rafael)


"What, the wound hasn't fully healed ......?"(Cleo)

"Yes, it is. I checked Aruna's wounds, and they seem to have closed up, but in fact they seem to have some sort of curse on them that I've never seen before."(Marin)

"Such as ......."(Cleo)







 







 Back at the inn, I showed Aruna's injuries to Marin.

 

 She thought about it for a while and then said something about a curse. I was also the second highest performer in spell casting, but I didn't realize it until just now.

 

 This means that Aruna was facing Krim while enduring the  pain.

 

 There was no way he could win against such a powerful opponent in such a state.





"But when did he get that scar?"(Cleo)

"Probably during the attack last night, I think..."(Marin)





 





 Marin gave me a difficult look.

 

 After I asked her, I understood.

 

 The one who inflicted this wound was undoubtedly Erio.





But she has such power .......





 





 She is only a swordswoman.

 

 There was no connection between her and Kaon, who used this kind of magic.

 

 And from the way Marin was talking, this was no ordinary spellcraft. It was clear that she would need more than that, she would need the knowledge of an expert.





"How long will he last?"(Cleo)

"............"(Marin)





 





 I asked, and the saint wrinkled her brow.

 

 And then she said in a small voice.







"If this continues, Aruna will probably--"(Marin)









 









 I tried my best to remain calm.







" has one week to live. ......"(Marin)






 







 I was prepared for this to a certain extent, but it was still depressing.

 

 I wondered if there was nothing I could do.



 



 He was my friend, my confidant, my rival, and my goal.

 


He had used his life for swordsmanship, but that life was running out.



 





 The fact that I can only helplessly watch weighed heavily on my mind.







"But that doesn't mean we can't do anything  at all."(Marin)

"What do you mean ......?"(Cleo)







 







 But then.

 

 It was at that moment that Marin announced in the same tone of voice.





"I know one person who might be able to help you."(Marin)

"Who's that?"(Cleo)





 





 I asked, and she huffed and said a name.







"Lina Slobasna - you've heard of her, Cleo?"(Marin)

"Lina ......, you mean?"(Cleo)









 







 "Yes,"(Marin)


 she continued.







"She was a commoner who specialized in spell casting magic in our year. I heard that she is now opening a store somewhere on the outskirts of the royal capital."(Marin)







 







 Maybe it's her.

 

 I didn't need to hear the end of it, but my answer was already decided.







"Let's go to Lina's place!"(Cleo)

Even if It's a thin thread, but if I can grab it, I will.

 

 We'll connect the possibilities, and we'll definitely  rescue Aruna . ......!

TL Notes- What they are grabbing is a rope for sure. A rope to success and plot progression.One reader was complaining about the Chapter being short and I don't deny that but they are getting a little longer and honestly I can't do anything about that as it's the author's writing style.


Comments

Popular Posts