I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.

 


Volume 3-: Devil's Tower and Sky Corridor
Chapter 4-: Find the holy spring!
(TL By GUST)



"Is this okay?"


 While sitting on the ground of the observation room, I picked up two crafted sticks and muttered while looking inside.


"Yeah. It feels good. After that, craft a pedestal that incorporates this and you're done."

"Owner. What is that?"


 Today I was riding on the back of Falsi on the top floor of the tower I made yesterday from the morning and came with Koritoko.

 Everyone else wanted to come, but I'm planning to come after that because I'm taking care of the fields and poultry houses.

 By the way, Falsi occupied the sofa where I was sleeping yesterday and was already sleeping comfortably.


"I'll tell you later."


 When I answered that, I got up from the floor and moved to the edge of the observation room with two sticks.

 I'm a little scared because of the wind today, but I don't have to worry about falling because the grid is wide enough to prevent people from falling.


"It's hard to see in the distance."


 I found myself sleeping yesterday, so I couldn't see the scenery even though I built the tower.

 So today I woke up, washed my face, had breakfast, and immediately asked Koritoko to come up to this point.


"It was unexpected that I couldn't see farther than I expected."


 The island is shaped like a high mountain.

 To put it simply, it looks like a large volcanic crater.

 And maybe because the surroundings are surrounded by the sea and the temperature is not warm, the cause is unknown, but the water vapour is also accumulated. The sky above the island is slightly surrounded by thin clouds.

 Especially, the closer to the centre, the darker it was, and I couldn't even look into the distance.


"Honestly, in this state, it may be water on the burnt stone, but this side of the cloud should be able to be observed in detail."


 When I lift the two tubes horizontally up to the shoulders, I mutter "craft".

 Then suddenly a stone stick came up from the floor, wrapping my tube.


"what are these?"

"This is a tool called binoculars."

"So good luck?"


 I say to Koritoko, who spins around the crafted binoculars in a curious manner.


"Would you like to take a peek?"

"What do you look into? Maybe the bath that Fail said?"

"... What are you teaching Koritoko?"


 I decide later to catch the fail and scold him.


 However, I haven't made a bath at this base yet.

 There is only a shower, not hot water.

 It is possible to craft magic tools that produce hot water, but now that I have few magic stones to power the magic tools, I refrain from crafting magic tools as much as possible.

 I'm really happy that this island has a warm climate.


"Look at this tube, not in the bath, and look into it from this side."


 I will craft a scaffolding for Koritoko in front of the binoculars, and I will lift and put Koritoko on it.


"You should look into this, right?"


 While saying that, Koritoko brings her face closer to the binoculars.


"Wow. What's going on here! Is it magic? After all, the lord is a demon ..."


 Koritoko, who looked into the binoculars, made a surprised and happy voice.

 Maybe he has never seen binoculars before.

 If so, the sight you see for the first time would be amazing.


"It's not magic. I'll tell you the detailed structure later, but this is a tool that allows you to see far away without using any magic stones."

"That's right. Mysterious."

"It's made to move sideways and up and down, so it's good to see where you like."

"Wow, that's true. It moves round and round! But it doesn't move much up. I want to see the sky."


 Koritoko, who moves the binoculars while making a messy noise, tries to turn up to see the sky.

 However, the range of motion of the binoculars is set so that it does not move upwards at all.


"It's dangerous to look at the sky with binoculars, so I'm trying not to do it."

"Danger?"

"Oh, especially if you accidentally see the sunlight, it's too dazzling and your eyes are crushed. You don't like that?"


I briefly explain to Koritoko why I shouldn't look at the sky with binoculars.

 Perhaps he was scared to hear the words that he couldn't see, Koritoko hurriedly took his face off the binoculars.


"I don't want to be blind!"

"That's why I made it so that I couldn't see the sky so that it wouldn't happen."

Koritoko runs away to Falsi with a little tears, perhaps because she threatened her a little too much.

 After seeing off his back, I looked into the binoculars, saying, "Then I'll let you use it this time."

 The deep forest that spreads from this base covers a considerable area.

 According to the report of the study team, there is a river half a day in the woods, but even if you look through binoculars, you can't see it buried in the trees.

 But what I'm looking for right now is the other side of the river.

 It's a holy spring I heard from Koritoko.


"It seems that the area around the fountain is open as it is, so you should be able to find it."


 Koritoko, who seems to have been heading far from the village in the woods, walked with Falsi without any particular direction.

 So, Koritoko's story didn't tell us where the village was.

 The only landmark in the story is the "holy fountain" that he first aimed for, and the only one that crossed two rivers.


"It's a pretty big spring, or a lake, so I thought I could see it in the woods."


 I moved around the binoculars and searched for those places.

 Then.

 I felt like I could see the light from the woods for a moment, and I slowly returned the binoculars.


"That?"


 In the forest far back, I could see what looked like a lake surface where the sunlight reflected and shined through the slight gap between the trees.

 I can't say for sure with the current magnification of binoculars, but I'm sure.


"Well, even if I make a mistake, I should just build a tower in another place and look for it."


 Now I know where to go next.

 The rest is in a straight line・ ・ ・ ・I just aim for that place.


"OK. Do you want to do it?"


 When I take my face off the binoculars, I craft measuring instruments and stationery.

Even if you can confirm it from the top, you cannot know the direction if you go down.

 So you have to measure it properly on this tower and write the route to the fountain on the map.


 When I craft a map on the floor based on the view from the observation room, I start drawing lines while trying to draw the correct direction with a measuring instrument.

 Believe that there is a village of Lesser Elves in Koritoko beyond that.




TL NOTE-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.





Comments

Popular Posts