I wanted to enjoy a slow life while exploring the territory with a secret gift [craft skill], but I was intentionally banished to the frontier by pretending to be incompetent.





Volume 2 

Chapter 9-: Craft a chicken coop! 

(TL By GUST)






"It looks like there's nothing particularly intrusive, so we can proceed."


Having created a field in the morning, I entrusted Agni, Fail, and Kieda with finding an area for sowing that was reasonably close to the field.


What I'm attempting to create now is a "chicken coop".


Of course, being raised inside aren't chickens, but rather a subspecies of cockatrice. 


"Is this large enough to fulfill our needs, or should I just expand the base even further?" 


Behind me, Terrine was tightly holding Koritoko's hand as he gazed at my handiwork in amazement.


"Don't worry. With my crafting ability, I can easily and safely expand the base if necessary." 


"Amazing! The lord can do anything!"


"I certainly can't do anything, but I am confident that I can craft most things if I have the blueprints and materials. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need anything."


"Hmm, in that case, I'd like to ask you to create a falsi house after the coca birds' coop is completed."


"In that case I'll create an excellent one later. There is more than enough land to spare, so you can choose any place that catches your eye."


"Thank you so much!"


The base that was originally created for a considerable number of research teams to live in is needlessly large now that we are the only ones residing here.


Therefore, almost any part of the land can be chosen.


Of course, with the exception of wherever I'm about to erect a building.


However, as the number of lords residing here increases, there will soon be a shortage of land.


Should I deliberate on it at that time?


"Well then, I'll finish creating the chicken coop before proceeding onto something else. First, I need to process the materials."


By simply facing my right palm towards the ground next to the intended location of the chicken coop, I processed and stacked the trees to be used for the construction that I had stored in the material storage, just as I did when I built the lord's residence.


After completing whatever was necessary for the blueprint that came to my mind, the next step was laying the foundation.


I also crafted the doors and fences after completing the foundation.


Since it was supposed to be a chicken coop for the sake of housing coca birds, monsters, there was concern regarding the strength of ordinary trees alone.


Therefore, the stone embedded in the wood was further fortified.


To be honest, it was troublesome to process and the weight became considerably bothersome, but it seems that if only stones were used, coca birds will be upset and may not lay eggs. Therefore, it cannot be helped.


"It's quite a delicate monster despite how it appears."


"Yeah. That's why the coca bird keeper was highly-regarded in the villages as well."


"Also, rhe reason why Koritoko's father was the zookeeper was because he can communicate with monsters."


I spoke to Koritoko while crafting the materials for the chicken coop.


Of course, Kieda, the maids, and I had little to no experience rearing the type of animals that I planned to raise.


All I had was the knowledge I obtained from the reading a book.


So, the experiences of Koritoko, who seems to have actually taken care of coca birds with the help of his father, is an important source of information.


"Yeah. That caused my dad to have a special position in the village. But ..."


Even someone who wad so highly regarded was abandoned.


This island may actually be a very difficult place to survive in.


However, that was all before I was designated here.


Everything will change from now on. No, I'll change it.


I will transform this island into a utopia and ensure that everyone enjoys their time together.


"Lord?"


"Rest, please wake up!"


"Huh?!"


I don't know what came over me.


I was imagining a joyful future and became lost in my imagination. However, it greatly boosted my motivation and enjoyment. 


"Don't worry, I was just contemplating how I should proceed."


I wiped the drool that had leashed out with a handkerchief and glanced at the pile of materials I crafted to make the chicken coop.


By all means, unlike with chickens, everything is required to be of a greater magnitude when it comes to raising the significantly larger coca bird.


"Now we're ready! I'll start crafting the coca bird coop, so please wait just a little longer."


"Yeah! Do your best, lord!"


"Oh! I'll do my best!"


With Koritoko's cute cheers motivating me, I swiveled my left palm towards the pile of materials and my right palm towards the intended construction site.


And when I lightly concentrated my consciousness and drew the completed blueprint in my head--


"Let's go! Craft!"


Actually, the exclamation was unnecessary, but when you enthusiastically create something grand and complicated, your voice naturally leaks out.


In tangent with my voice, the materials were drawn into my left hand one after the other.


And when the materials were released from the other hand, they were assembled in front of me according to the completed blueprint in my mind.


"Wow! Amazing! Hey Terrine, what's going on over there?"


"I'm unsure myself, I'm clueless regarding the workings of Rest-sama's gifts, but gifts are such a mysterious and wonderful power."


"Is it really so amazing?"


"Isn't Koritoko's gift the power to communicate with monsters? I think it's a special gift exclusive to only you, your father, and your sister."


"Well, all the residents of the other villages did say they couldn't talk to monsters... So this is my gift..."


The conversation between Terrine and Koritoko reached my ears from behind me.

Not everyone was blessed with a gift.


Just because a father has a gift does not mean that the child will also have one.


Gifts are blessings from God, not a skill we are trying to develop…


But if they could be inherited...


"Alright, the coop has been completed."


I informed the two chatting away behind me as I glanced at them. 


Koritoko, who noticed that the materials that had formed a mountain on the ground had unknowingly vanished from before them, widened his eyes and muttered, "Everything has disappeared."


Perhaps he was tired of watching the crafting process partway through and became absorbed in his conversation with Terrine inatead.


He's still a child, so he can't help it.


"The lord really made a coca bird coop in the blink of an eye! I bet he can make anything!"


"Do you really believe I can make anything?"


I definitely can't make anything.


"Yeah! Just like you made the medicine before this!"


"That's right. The lord made the medicine for you in no time."


"It's not anything special that you should feel indebted for, because--"


After all, it was natural for the lord to do his utmost for his people.


I became a little tongue-tied trying to properly convey my thoughts.


Because Koritoko was a native of this island and it had not been officially decided that I will be donning the lord's mantle.


I personally treat all the people of this island as my dependents, but from their point of view it may only be the arrogant imposition of an invader.


So, I crouched down in front of Koritoko and looked him in the eyes as I said,  "Koritoko. I'm going to use this power to transform this island into a place where everyone can live comfortably, and I'm going to become the lord who unites and guides everyone on this island."


"Rest ... sama?"


"So I have one thing I want to ask you, is that okay?"


"……Yes"


I closed my eyes for a moment to calm my mind. I opened them again after steeling my resolve and spoke the words I wanted to say."


Koritoko. I want to welcome you to this territory as my first lord."




TL Note-: Thank you for reading. We will accept your impressions and typographical errors at any time.




Comments

Popular Posts