A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 7

Chapter 4- In The Courtyard 

(TL:By Rafael)


Marin's house was located a little outside of the district where the wealthy lived.

 

 I hadn't really paid attention to it before, but maybe that's because of her family's origins. But I don't care about that now.

 

 I, Maki, and Gown were gearing up and running down the final straight.



"Mr. Gown, is your wound okay?"(Cleo)

"Don't worry about that now. It's not a matter of being okay or anything like that - this is a battle I muts go into."(Gown)

"............ I understand."(Cleo)



 



 In the middle of this, I called out to Gown.

 

 Then he replied, in a sharp tone.



"It seems that the enemy is here to welcome us, ......?"(Gown)



 



 He stopped abruptly and said that.

 

 I and Maki followed suit and stopped to pay attention to their surroundings. We are in the courtyard of Marin's house. The fact that we had proceeded this far so unguardedly meant that we had been lured in.

 

 What I found out was that there were signs of people in the shadows of the surrounding trees and buildings.

 

 It was probably Cinderius' assassination squad.



".................."(Cleo)



 



 After confirming the number, I told Gown, "Take Maki and go ahead."(Cleo)











 





 He looked a little surprised.



"Hey, Cleo. That's a lot of people even for you......!"(Gown)

"It's all right, Mr. Gown. Because I--"(Cleo)



 



 He smiled and replied.





"I've been in second place in every real battle I've been in!"(Cleo)


(TL: When you have been second so many times that you start to take pride in it.)







 





 Gown went first, and I stood in the courtyard.

 

 Then I checked the number of the assassination squad again. It was a rough estimate of less than a thousand. I thought it might be a little tough, but I had to do it.





"Then--"(Cleo)





 





 I said and let the magic power flow through my body.

 

 As a result of the improvement of the physical ability, the senses become clearer to the fingertips due to the improvement of physical ability. My senses also sharpened, and I could see where and how many enemies were hiding.

 

 I clenched my fists and took one big deep breath.

 

 Then, I raised my voice and declared.







"--Let's get started!"(Cleo)

TL Note- Well the next Chapter will be action packed and for the reader of Evil Avalon, the author is back and the price per Chapter is reduced to 7 dollars per Chapter and in case  you don't know Valhalla also now have a app. So you can enjoy reading your favourite novels on the app just go the App section in menu and download 5mb  apk.





Comments

  1. Don't worry about that now. It's not a matter of being okay or anything like that - this is a battle I muts go into."(Gown)

    I think it might be

    This is a battle I must go into."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he realise. He's the 1st to get 2nd in everything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't comment on old Chapter but your comment made me, nice line.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm glad he's been showing some backbone and taking pride in his second place knowing he is indeed better than most people, despite his inferiority complex towards first place. Since he also trains with the objective to best people in first place and hasn't given up, his only downside is how dense he is in romance, despite the fact he should be second place for academics and studying too, so he should be smart as hell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts