Evil Avalon

Chapter 9- Ora is getting more and more confused

{SPONSORED CHAPTER-1}

(TL:BY Rafael)

(Sponsor-d3led)

I came back from the Hayase house and resumed my stretching. After stretching and warming up for a while, I put my lunch and water bottle in my backpack and came back to the slime room.



 



 There were a few chilling moments, but I continued to hunt the combined slime and got another slime ring. It was getting to be a good time, so I started having lunch.



 



 In the game, there were only two slots to equip rings, so I could only equip two rings in total, one on each hand. I decided to give it a try and put all three rings on my fingers, and I was able to equip all of them. Since I couldn't see the real time status, I don't know if there is an effect of 3 pieces.



 



 As you can see, there are some specifications that are different from the game, so you need to experiment and do some research. I'm sure the library at the Adventurer's Guild has a lot of books on dungeons, so I'll stop by on my way home to get some information.



 



 



 



 But still, there was no one there.



 



 The MAP of the first floor of the dungeon is on a flat surface about several kilometers square. The slime room is located in the corner of the map, and we have to go through many branches to reach it on foot. Even so, I wondered why none of the adventurers who had been there had come.



 



 The stairs to the second floor are closer than here, or maybe they're hunting the monsters on the second floor for the quickest way to deal with the same level 2 monsters. However, even though the combined slime has the same amount of experience as the goblin that pops on the second floor, it's much easier to kill, and it also has a good chance of dropping a rare drop called a slime ring. Maybe people don't know about the slime room after all.



 



 Well, it's better if there aren't any. It would only be a problem for me if so many adventurers came to the slime room.







 







 Since there were no active monsters, I relaxed and finished eating a modest lunch, and resumed my slime hunt. About two hours later...



"Level 3 is here!"



 



 I woke up from my mild drunkenness and felt full of energy. The speed at which I swing the bat has become much faster. Hmph!



 



 I haven't been able to check my job level, but I'm pretty sure I'm not at 7 yet. I'd like to have a way to check the status at any time.



 



 The initial job, "Newbie," has an active skill (*1), "Simple Appraisal," at job level 7, and a passive skill (*2), "Skill Frame +3," at the maximum level of 10.



 



 The "Simple Appraisal" is a skill that literally allows you to appraise items and skills in your possession. In many cases, deep items and special skills cannot be appraised, but in the early stages of the game, most things can be appraised, so it is very useful.



 



 It can also be used to appraise people and monsters, but it only allows you to judge their relative strength, such as "slightly strong" or "very weak," and it does not tell you what they are, although it can tell you how many statuses and skills they have. You can only get general information. Also, if you use the appraisal on your opponent, they will notice you, so don't use it carelessly. If you use it carelessly, they will think you are trying to find out something about them, which will cause trouble.



 



 Another skill that is very important in the Dan-eq system is "Skill Limit +3".



 



 In Dan-eq, you can't learn more skills than the number of skill slots you have. If you want to learn more skills, you need to increase your skill slots by that amount. The number of skill slots increases by one for every 10 levels, but when you first start the game, you only have two skill slots. So, at level 3, I can only learn two skills.



 



 If all the skill slots are filled with skills and you want to learn a new skill, you have to delete one of the existing skills to learn it. I plan to use this system when I delete the "Gluttony" skill, which is suspected to be the root of my abnormal obesity and appetite.



 



 To increase the number of such valuable skill slots, we can use "Skill Slots +3". Other jobs also have skills that increase the number of skill slots, but even if you learn all of them and increase your skill slots to the maximum, you will still suffer from the skill slot limit. So, the "+3 Skill Slots" that Newbie can learn is a skill that you definitely want to collect.







"Now, whether to go up to the second floor or to continue hunting slime, ......



 



 Now that I'm at level 3, my experience with monster level 2 combined slimes will be slightly reduced. But it's very easy to hunt here, and it would probably be crowded even if you went upstairs. Besides--



"It would be awkward if we met the four of them on the second floor.



 



 Kaworu and the others said they were going to hunt upstairs. I'm not sure what to do, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to see Butao's appearance in the midst of all the cackling and giggling.



 



 I guess I'd better keep hunting here until I reach level 4.







 







 In the end, I had hunted nearly a hundred combined slimes by evening, and had obtained a total of five slime rings. I tried them all on my right hand, but I didn't feel any different. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it looks kind of glaring and unattractive. In the game, I prioritized performance and didn't care so much about appearance, but in this world, I might as well pay attention to appearance.



 



 It's a little early, but I think I'll call it a day and head to the adventurer's guild building to gather some information.







 







 *...*...*...*...*...*







 







 The first floor of the high-rise complex where the Adventurer's Guild is located.



 



 In addition to accepting new applications, the guild also buys items, materials, and magical stones, and the place is crowded with adventurers returning from dungeons and vendors trading with them. At a quick glance, there were probably a thousand people here. The atmosphere was like a seafood market at the peak of the season.



 



 I looked up the price of the slime ring in the booklet that listed the prices for buying and selling items, but I couldn't find it anywhere. It didn't seem to be on the list. I could pay a registration fee and put it up for auction, but since it wasn't that valuable, I might as well give it to my family.



 



 After leaving the sales office, I took the elevator to the 18th floor where the library was located. Upon entering, I found myself in an elegant hall with a vaulted ceiling and wood-grained walls that created a calm atmosphere. It seemed to be based on a famous European library, and we could tell at a glance that a lot of money had been spent on it.



 



 If you have an adventurer's card, you can freely read and borrow books here. The library's collection is much larger than that of other libraries in the city, and contains a wide variety of books besides those related to dungeons.



 



 I walked around looking for dungeon-related books, secretly amazed at the high quality mats that kept my footsteps quiet.







 







 A book called "The Illustrated Book of Dungeon Monsters in Japan" caught my eye, so I opened it up. It was published the year before last, and from the table of contents, it had information on monsters up to the 29th floor with illustrations. (The 29th floor is still in the middle level.



(The 29th floor isn't even the middle level yet, is it?



 



 In the game, the first to the 30th floor was called the shallow level, the 31st to the 60th floor was called the middle level, and the floors above that were called the deep level. The 29th floor is a shallow level. By the way, I used to dive in the very deep level of the 90th to 100th floor in the game.



(Come to think of it, there were hardly any high-level adventurers among the NPCs (*3) in Dan-ek. ......)



 



 If the front line of the dungeon is around the 30th floor, the clan members at the front line will also be around the 30th level. If you compare it to the game where the frontline players were level 90, the situation would be very different.



 



 However, it doesn't mean that adventurers in this world are "bad at it.



 



 In the game, if you died in a dungeon, you had to pay a penalty of item loss and weakness, but you could be resurrected at the entrance of the dungeon, but in this world, it seems that if you don't have a companion who can cast a resurrection spell on the spot when you die, you're finished.



 



 In a game where there is no pain, no fatigue, and no fear of losing one's life, you can fight a boss battle while humming a tune, even if you might die. But in this world, where death is the end, it is easy to predict that it will be a dungeon dive that reduces the risk to the utmost. It's not right to compare them in the first place.



(Or is it possible that this is when the game was first released without DLC? ......)



 



 At the time of the game's release, the upper level limit was 30. The NPC characters related to the main and sub-stories that already existed at this point were not set to be that high in any scenario. Even Butao, when he left school in the latter half of the story, was barely level 10.



 



 At the time, the maximum level for deep dungeons was around 40, but with the release of several DLCs, various jobs, quests, and items were added, and the maximum level was raised to 90.



 



 That's why the frontline level that I'm currently conquering is around the 30th floor, which could mean that this world is the same as the game world when it was first released without DLC.



 



I had assumed that this world was the same as the one just before the transition, and that cancelling was level 90. In that case, a balanced character build that can use both swords and magic would be strong.



 



 However, if the maximum level is only 30 and the jobs and items are the same as when the game was released, it might be better to focus on either the vanguard or the rearguard instead of the balanced type. There are several reasons for this, but the number of skill slots and jobs are limited at the time the game is released.



(I'm going to have to find out how many canned levels there are. But the email from the management said it was an update, so how can we go back to the level 30 can't-play era?



 



 There are a few ways to find out: if you can find items, jobs, additional areas, or additional monsters that are only available in the DLC, then at least you know you're not in the early world. We'll have to dive into the dungeon a bit more to find that out.







 







 Next, I saw a nearby job dictionary labeled "Latest," so I picked it up. If you look at the back cover, it was published last year at .......



 



 Jobs are classified into five levels: initial job, basic job, intermediate job, advanced job, and highest level job, and more powerful jobs are prepared in this order. The degree to which these jobs have been implemented will tell you how well the DLC is implemented in this world.



 



 For example, none of the most advanced jobs were implemented when the game was released. If even one of these jobs is listed, it means that some kind of DLC has been implemented.



 



 I immediately rolled up the page and read the jobs listed in the job dictionary.



 



 The initial job, "Newbie," is followed by the second level basic jobs of "Fighter," "Caster," and "Thief. This was not changed or added even before the transition.



 



 The third level, intermediate jobs, are 【Warrior】, 【Archer】, 【Priest】, and 【Wizard】, the four ...... only?  In the fourth level, advanced jobs, only [Saint] and [Samurai] are written.



 



 These jobs were not added by DLC, but were there from the beginning. However, there must have been [Knight] and [Magic Warrior] in the intermediate jobs, and [Assassin] and [Mad Warrior] in the advanced jobs from the beginning. ...... I flipped through the pages to find them, but I couldn't find any.



 



I wondered why there was no mention of them. Are they not known, or are they hidden? Considering the fact that this is a world where adventurers and terrorists are rampant, it is quite possible that countries and international organizations are withholding or restricting information.



 



 I also read about [Newbie], but there is something wrong with it.


In summary, it says, "[Newbie] doesn't have much benefit, so you should change to an intermediate job as soon as possible." There is no mention of the important skill "Skill Frame +3" that can be obtained when the job level of [Newbie] is counter-stopped. If I miss this, I'll have a hard time later, but is there such a thing?




 Next time, I will pick up a book called Skill Dictionary and read it. Looking at the skill list from the table of contents, even though "Simple Appraisal" is listed, "Skill Frame +3" is not listed. I also looked at the items about [Samurai] and [Samurai] in the advanced jobs, but nothing was written about the skills that can be obtained under special conditions.


 This skill dictionary should have been published last year, but it is full of information. To be clear, it is not something that can be called a dictionary. I read about 10 other books, but I couldn't find any missing parts, just similar things.


 


 From the results, as far as I checked in the library, I could not confirm the elements added by DLC, and there is a high possibility that it is the same "world without DLC" as the environment at the time of game release. However, even in a world without DLC, it is undeniable that there is a lack of information on the materials here. How about concluding that it is not written just because it is not written? Ora is getting more and more confused.


 Well, if you proceed with the strategy, you will understand it, so why not rush to make a conclusion now? There are many things I don't understand, but let's collect information little by little.


 I'm going to try "manual activation" of the skill around tomorrow. It's a skill activation method that wasn't available at the beginning of the game, so if you can do this, you can't deny the possibility of DLC.






(* 1) Active skills

Skills that have no effect without using the skill.


(* 2) Passive skills

A skill that is effective even if it is not used if it is in the skill frame.


(* 3) NPC

Not a player character (PC). Non-player character. A character who takes a set action, such as a resident of the game world.






 Below is a summary of the jobs. Jobs in parentheses are unknown jobs that are unknown in the post-transfer world


Initial job-Job when no job has been changed

[Newbie]


Basic job-A job that can be changed first from the initial job. It may be this job from the beginning.

[Fighter] [Caster] [Thief]


Intermediate jobs-Jobs that can be taken by raising the job level of basic jobs.

[Warrior] [Priest] [Archer] [Wizard]

(Night) (Magic Warrior)


Advanced Jobs-Need to raise some job levels for intermediate jobs or be appropriate.

[Samurai] [Samurai]

(Assassin) (Berserker)


Superlative job-the final job. One of them, Weapon Master, was used just before Sota came to this world.

(Weapon Master)

TL Note- We thank our patron d3led for the support which made this sponsored Chapter possible and more sponsored chapters are coming.


Next

Prev

 



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts