Evil Avalon

Chapter 5-World setting
(TL: By Rafael)

The first day of enrollment is over and I am on my way fo home.


Being suddenly transferred to the game without my will. I'm walking towards the dormitory where my room should  be, because I want to settle down and think with a calm mind  about what's going on with my life.


 This adventurer school attracts students from all over the country. That's why most students go from the dormitory next to the school. I wonder if I also live in a dormitory as well--


"Well... was it Narumi?"You're not registered in the dorm.Aren't you going to school from home?"

"Well ... Where is this? Can you tell me my address?"


 Looking at the room allocation table at the entrance of the dormitory, there was no name for Narumi, so when I asked the dormitory manager about that, it seems that I was commuting from home.


 The manager handed me a pamphlet about admission to the adventurer's school with pity in a whisper, "you're still young ..." from her. When I turned the cover and looked at the location, I found a place I seemed fo knew. By the way, the world of DunEx was set in virtual Japan of almost the same era.


 I've been to this area in the original world, but it must have been a scenic park with views of the mountains and the sea and a quiet residential area. Nevertheless, the surrounding scenery seen from the school is full of buildings and condominiums. Even if I think deeply about this area, I can't give an answer, so I thank the manager and try to mark for my own house in the map.


 When I went outside from the main gate, which seemed to be strict and sturdy, the front of the school was a downtown area lined with hotels, department stores, and commercial complexes. At first glance, it looks like the streets of the original world, but if you look at the passers-by, you can see that it is definitely the world of DunEx, with some people wearing armor and carrying large weapons.


 After walking for about 5 minutes while looking at such a cityscape, I arrived at my target address.


 The first floor of the house is a store, and at the top of the entrance there is a sign that says " Narumi General Store". Is it a general store? There is no mistake because the nameplate of the house is also the last name of Butao, "Narumi". However, there is also a car, so it's not a house where I live alone ...


(Is it okay to enter this? But I'm reluctant to enter a house I don't know ... No, do I know this?)


 Perhaps I could barely bring out my memory, and when I saw the building in front of me, I felt a sense of déjà vu and a sense of security like my parents' home. Actually, this is Butao's parents' house.


 When I was wandering around in front of the store for a while, a woman about 40 years old wearing an apron called out from inside the store.


"Oh, it was Sota. Here I thought there  was a suspicious person."

"Well ... I'm home ..."


 A gentle face and a slender, slender style. I thought she wasn't a mother because it was far from the fat image of Butao, but ... Butao's memory says that this 40-year-old beauty is her mother!


"Oni. Welcome back ~"


 From the back, maybe from the upper grades of elementary school to junior high school students, a girl with short baby-faced hair wearing a big hoodie came out while holding her hair. This is also a cute girl ... Calling me "Oni" means that this girl is Butao's younger sister!


"You are starting with your eyes wide open ... what's wrong?"

"Oh no.its Nothing."


 Donkeys borns from beautiful thoroughbreds ... No, in this case pigs ? I feel like I've touched the mysteries of this world.


 Indulging in such a mysterious feeling, I entered the fluttering house. The mother and daughter are talking in front of the fridge about what to do with today's meal, and they don't seem to care about me in particular.


 My room is ... up the stairs to the back of the second floor.



 Little by little, I've come to understand something like a knack for drawing out the memory of Butao. Apparently the process of trying to remember is different from the usual one. I didn't know what to do until now because it feels like I'm conscious of another personality and looking into it.


 My usual thoughts are mainly me, and the memories I can draw out immediately are the same as I had in the original world. However, when talking to someone who has a strong impression on Butao, such as Kaworu Hayase or his family, Butao's emotions may flash back unconsciously. They are easy to understand because they are clearly different from my feelings.


 For example, the feeling of frustration when I think of Kaworu Hayase, or the feeling of relief when I see my mother and sister. I didn't have a beautiful lover and I didn't have a family, so I was confused by the sudden overflow of emotions I had never experienced.


 In light of these things, the correct answer may be that I didn't just metastasize into Butao's body, but that I was assimilated with memories and feelings of Butao.


 I'm sorry for Butao, who was suddenly hijacked by a stranger from another world, and I'd like to go out quickly-or rather, all DunEx's management is bad-in the first place. I don't know how to go back.


 Whether I  go back  or  continue living as a pig in this world, I have to gather a lot of information and overcome it well.


 Well, what should I start with?




 * ・ ・ * ・ ・ * ・ ・ * ・ ・ * ・ ・ *

Butao's room was located in the northeast, so it was dimly lit. When I entered, the floor creaked a little, perhaps because it was old, or perhaps because of my heavy weight.




 




 Looking around while retrieving my memories, I didn't feel any discomfort, in fact, I felt quite at ease. For the first time, I realize that I've been uncomfortably nervous because of the sudden transition. I threw my stuff on the bed and breathed a sigh of relief .......




(It's a dirty room, dude!)




 




 There was no sense of discomfort, but the room had become half a garbage house, with discarded clothes and bags of sweets scattered everywhere, and books and comics piled up. I had no choice but to clean up the mess while turning on the TV.




 




 On the TV screen, a well-dressed man is talking about something on the platform of the Diet. At the bottom of the screen is his name and an explanation that he is a senator and a count. ...... Count.






 






 The world setting of "Dun-Ex" is modeled after Japan. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, but it's a good thing. It is more like the pre-war Empire of Japan, with its coercive and militaristic politics and aristocratic system.




 




 First of all, the political system is based on the House of Peers, which is the upper house of the Diet for the nobility only, and the House of Representatives, which is the lower house for the common people. The aristocracy does not own land, but it is not just a title. The aristocracy also has a number of vested interests and powerful social privileges, such as not being judged by the judiciary and being able to exercise political power according to their titles.




 




 There are a number of aristocrats and members of the noble families who serve them in the school, so you need to be careful when dealing with them. I don't think there's any such thing as a cut-and-dried exemption. The Narumi family is ...... a commoner, no matter how you look at it.




 




 And if you look into it, you will find that it is very similar to Japan until about the early Meiji period when the dungeon appeared. The names of the warlords of the Warring States period and the shoguns of the Tokugawa Shogunate are the same as far as I can tell from textbooks and terminals, and the Meiji Restoration is as we know. But then came the dungeon, and the process of becoming modern Japan has branched out and changed history.




 




 I tried to find out what happened to the royal family and politicians in this country, but none of their names match after the Meiji era. Either the dungeon has caused the succession to change, or this country is just a motif of pre-Meiji Japan and is a completely different country. So far it seems to be the latter, but I'd like to gather more information.




 




 I change the channel. Then I heard a news report about some adventurer-esque terrorist kidnapping a politician. This was also a domestic story. It's much less safe than Japan in the original world.




 




 In this world, the magic field was artificially created more than ten years ago, but it is only effective within the magic field. Since then, there has been a problem with the use of force by adventurers who have been repeatedly upgraded to a higher level and are now immune to bullets.




 




 A number of terrorist groups have adopted adventurers and used them to make political statements, while countries have trained adventurers to counter them. In the fields of diplomacy and intelligence, adventurers with superhuman physical strength are said to be in the dark. This is the age of the adventurer!  What can I say?




 




 In sports, the magic field detection system has been introduced to eliminate physical enhancements and promote fairness. I'd like to see a soccer game played with a body that can defeat a giant dragon. ......




 




 I turned off the TV and looked at the newspaper that had fallen. The date was ...... four years ago?  When I checked today's date on my arm device, I realized that this was yesterday's newspaper.




 




 Four years ago was around the time when Dun-Ex was released. What does that have to do with anything?




 




 I thought that if I could rewind time, I could cheat on stock prices, so I looked at the economic page of the newspaper. There were a few companies I recognized, but they all had the same name, as the so-called zaibatsu affiliates were in control of the economy. I looked at the four-panel manga, ......, and saw that Boko-chan was doing good.




 




 Next, I looked at the Internet on the PC in my room. I found nothing unusual on the usual news and video sites. But as I looked at the various sites, I noticed something strange. I could find some gravure-like images of women posing in their underwear, but I couldn't find any nude images at all. I wonder if the censorship is too strict. I don't think a country can develop if it restricts thought and freedom like this, but what do I know?






 


 






 


 --In light of the above, this country can be described as a virtual Japan ...... where the political system of pre-war Japan has continued as it was. It can be seen that the history of the country is the same as that of Japan until the Meiji era, but the history has changed drastically since the Taisho and early Showa era when the dungeon appeared in the world.




 




 In this world, Japan escaped a decisive defeat in World War II, but its territory is the same as Japan's today. I wonder how they could have surrendered the former Japanese territory without unconditional surrender.




 




 In the game, it was just a world setting, and I had dismissed it as such. But when you're transported to such a world, it's a different story.




 




 The discovery of the dungeon that led to the creation of this virtual Japan is interesting to look into, as it is like reading the backstory of the game, but the problem is that this world that the game turned into reality is in a very troublesome and unstable state. A world overrun by superhumans with their own agendas would be strange no matter how you look at it.




 




 Even though adventurers are under the control of the Adventurer's Guild, the political situation and public order are deteriorating due to terrorists and adventurer misfits. There is even a possibility that even human rights are unclear in this country where nobles are in control. We should quickly revise our thinking about human rights, judicial decisions, and the police, thinking that the common sense of our society is the same as that of the original Japan.




 




 And let's not forget that this world is "Dan-ek". In other words, Dan-eq scenarios and events can happen in real life at the Adventurer's School, or anywhere else in the world.




 




 The familiar "Kariya Event" occurred early in the game, and it all played out exactly as I remembered it. I can say that this is definite proof that what happens in the game also happens in this world. Well, I don't really care about the Kariya event, to be frank. I don't really care what the outcome of that event is, it doesn't really affect me.




 




 But in Dun-Ex, depending on the scenario, there could be a war with intelligence forces, a war on a national level, or even a dangerous event where the entire dungeon area is cleared. To be honest, I don't think I could handle it if that happened.




 




 Another problem is that the main character is in the same class as you. Individual catastrophic scenarios may be able to be avoided to some extent, but events that occur in the main story of a game may be inevitable.




 




 It is ironic that such dangerous events can be exciting in a game, but only troublesome when they become reality.




 




 I guess I should quickly dive into the dungeon and raise my level so that I can deal with the various troubles that may arise in the future. Tomorrow and the next day are school vacations, and I don't have any assignments. I have plenty of time to dive. Besides, I can't wait to go and play in the dungeon.








 








 It took me about an hour to finally get it done while I was thinking about it. In the corner of the room, there was a pile of garbage tied up with string and sorted. I guess I'll just have to take this out for the garbage another day.




 




 Also, while I was cleaning up, I found this "marriage contract  spellbook". It looks like an ordinary piece of colored paper, but since it's called a magic book, I wonder if there's some kind of magic on it.




 




 I'm not sure if it's a magic book or not, but I'm sure it has some kind of magic on it. I wondered about it and looked into Butao's memory, and it seems to be some kind of handprint that he promised to marry Kaworu Hayase when he was little. Therefore, it's not a magic book or anything. "When I grow up, I'll be your wife, Butao-kun!" I'll be your wife when I grow up! It's so funny.




 




 If it's a memento, I don't think I should throw it away, so I'll put it in the back of my wardrobe.





 

TL Note-I still have the fever but I am better than yesterday. This was an important chapter according to me for us to know more about MC world and his views on it. Pls comment your views and happy independence day🇮🇳 to all our Indian readers.

Next

Prev


Comments

  1. The world setup will be easy to follow in this way.Tbh,not many writers can build ingenious fantasy world.But the author sure is lazy~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I also like slow world buildup making it clear in one chapter also does the job

      Delete
  2. Yea, I also think this was a good chapter as I was a bit confused about the "physical strengthening and magic field". But now it's cleared up.
    Thanks for the chapter. And Happy independence day to you too. Thank you very much for your wonderful wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking for making those things clear as many people didn't understand it in one of my TL notes but this chapter did the job for me😀 and happy Independence Day to you too 🇮🇳

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts