The beast tamer exiled from the hero’s party and the cat eared girl from the strongest race meet


Chapter 304 Trust

(TL:By Rafael,valhallatls.blogspot.com)


In the end, it turned into an all-nighter to thank the animals. By the time the sun rose, I thanked the last animal and somehow finished.

There's still plenty left to do, but I'm really at my limit... stumbling, I made my way back home.

"Everyone... thank you for staying up so late with me... really, thank you..."

"Meow... I'm tired..."

"Don't say you're tired, it just tires me out more... this exhausted cat..."

"I'm exhausted too..."

As Kanade and Tania staggered down the hallway, Tina called out to them.

"Oh, Kanade, Tania. What about dinner?"

"I'll pass for now..."

"Me too... I just want to sleep..."

With those words, the two disappeared into their respective rooms.

"What about Sora and Luna?"

"Snooze... snooze... snooze..."

"Sparkle... sparkle... zzz..."

Sora and Luna had collapsed before making it back to their rooms, sleeping on the sofa, leaning against each other. They had worked so hard to the point of exhaustion... I couldn't help but feel grateful to them.

"Sora, Luna. You'll catch a cold sleeping here, you know?"

"It's okay, Tina. I'll carry them to their rooms."

"Really?"

"They're both light, so it's no problem. But Nina, what about you?"

Glancing at Nina, who seemed half-asleep, her head swaying from side to side.

"Haha, Nina seems to be at her limit too."

"That's why I'll leave Nina to you, Tina."

"Got it!"

I carried Sora and Luna to their rooms...

Tina took Nina to her room...

Finally, everyone could rest.

Well, not everyone.

Tina and Rifa remained.

"Aren't Tina and Rifa going to sleep?"

"I'm a ghost, you know. I don't get tired or sleepy."

"I'm a vampire. Night is my time to shine. Even though it's morning now."

"I see."

They seemed lively, at least.

"...Haaah."

However, Tina seemed a little unsteady. Her figure seemed blurry, as expected of a ghost, but... it was like she lacked her usual vitality.

No, it's normal for ghosts to appear blurry...

It's just that she seems a bit tired, not as energetic as usual.

"Is Tina tired too?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Even though there's no clear reason... I can't help but feel that way. Tina seems different from usual."

"Rain-sama is sharp... Although I shouldn't be tired or feel fatigue, my body feels heavy. Probably because I've used too much magic."

"Shouldn't you rest then? Just lying down might make a difference."

"Hmm... I'll do that then."

"Are you okay alone?"

"I'll be fine. Or does Rain-sama plan to sneak into the lovely maiden's room?"

"N-no, I don't have such intentions..."

"Haha, I'm just kidding. Well then, I'll lie down too."

With a flutter of her hand, Tina disappeared into the back.

...Or rather, I hope she doesn't pass through the walls.

It would surprise everyone if she flew down the hallway... but well, she seems tired, so I'll cut her some slack.

"Is Rifa okay? Aren't you pushing yourself?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

Rifa nodded.

She didn't seem to be pushing herself too hard.

Vampires are tough, huh?

Or is it just youth?

No, I should still be young too.

"Well then, sorry to bother you, but I'm going to bed too. I'm really tired... Shall we discuss Krios tomorrow afternoon?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Thanks. Well then, good night."

"Wait, Rain."

As I was about to move to my room, Rifa grabbed my hand.

When I turned back, Rifa's face was strangely complex.

Looking at me, she tried to speak...

But the words got stuck, and she closed her mouth.

It seems like there's something she wants to say, but she can't find the right words?

No.

It's more like she's hesitating.

She hasn't fully processed her own feelings, and she doesn't know what words to use.

That's the feeling.

"What's wrong?"

I didn't want to rush her.

I spoke in the gentlest tone possible, waiting for her to gather her words.

"I... "

After a moment, she opened her small mouth.

Her eyes looking at me seemed apologetic for some reason, filled with a sense of apology.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh? Why are you apologizing?"

"I doubted you."

"What do you mean...?"

"When there was a stampede near this town, and you disappeared after calling for reinforcements... I thought you had run away. I doubted you... doubted Rain."

I see.

So, that's why she's apologizing.

"What about it made you doubt me?"

"I feel embarrassed. Rain kept the promise. Despite that..."

"It's okay."

I gently placed my hand on her head.

I started to stroke her head absentmindedly.

"Rain...?"

"Rifa, it's okay to think that way. We've just met. We don't know much about each other. It's normal to have doubts, even if I promised to save Cryos. I want to do my best to earn your trust. I want to work hard so that you won't doubt me anymore. So, can you stay a little closer to me? The promise to save Cryos, I'll definitely keep it."

"Thank you."

She hugged me.

She buried her face in my chest.

"But, you don't have to work hard."

"Huh? But..."

"I already believe in Rain."

The hands embracing me tightened.

"At first, I couldn't believe. I doubted. But now, it's different."

She looked up at me.

The emotions in those eyes... it was trust.

Looking straight at me...

Overflowing with absolute trust...

As if conveying her feelings, entrusting her heart, her straight gaze was directed towards me.

"I believe in Rain."

"Is that so... Thank you, Rifa."

"Mm."

When I continued to stroke her head, she closed her eyes, seeming pleased.

It felt like a cat.

I couldn't help but think of Kanade.

"Ah..."

I unintentionally let out a yawn.

"Rain, are you sleepy?"

"Yeah, staying up all night is tough."

"I've finished my story. You can sleep now."

"Hmm..."

Although she said I could sleep, she looked somewhat lonely.

That's right.

If I sleep, she will be alone...

Until everyone wakes up, she'll be lonely.

However, considering what comes next, I can't avoid sleeping either...

"Ah... Then, let's sleep together."

It felt like I said something outrageous...

But since I was getting very sleepy, my head was becoming too fuzzy to think straight.

"Mm. I'll sleep with Rain."

"Can you sleep? It's already morning."

"I'll sleep soundly because it's morning."

"I see. Well then, let's sleep."

"Mm."

Moving to the room with her, we slept together on the bed.

Later... Kanade, who came to wake us up, was surprised, but that's another story.

TL Note- New record for sleeping with a girl
In context to Rain...



Comments

Popular Posts