A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched



Volume 24

Chapter 8-Fortitude.

(TL:By Rafael)

"Keane, are you still at it?"(Cleo)

'Oh, Cleo. ...... yes, because I have to catch up now."(Keane)

"............."(Cleo)





 --One holiday.



 During Keane's training, Cleo had come to the city.

 On the outskirts of Royal Capital. In the secluded forest, Keane was training desperately to knead his magic. Naturally, he visited there every time he went on holiday, so the boy he respected knew him.

 Even he couldn't help but roll his tongue.

 That's how devoted Keane is to his training.





"Hey, Keane? Can I ask you something?"(Cleo)

"What is it?"(Keane)





 Cleo opened his mouth after a few moments of silence.

 Keane took a few breaths before turning to face him. After acknowledging this, the boy asked the young elf.





'Maybe, but are you giving up?'(Cleo)





 The boy asks the young elf in the form of a question, but with conviction.





'............  great. I knew it, Cleo, you're great."(Keane)





 Receiving those words, Keane gasped and then laughed.

 Because, it was a good point. The boy's words were sharp, and shot through with truth.

 After turning straight to Cleo, Keane thought for a moment before saying, 




"To be honest, I'm probably at the limit of my magical potential. I can't learn any more magic. I can't even dream of learning more magic like Liliana, which is considered a higher level of ancient magic."(Keane)





 Rather, somewhat refreshingly.

 Keane said with a small smile.

"With my potential, there are areas that I cannot reach no matter how hard I try. He had started too far back and had a history of not trying hard enough."(Keane)

 Cleo still had time, but he had missed opportunities to grow.

 Keane is keenly aware of this fact now that he has reached adulthood.





"I really want to punch myself for being in such good shape all those years ago and wasting it away I was just like a little fish who doesn't know the ocean, who thinks he's better off in his own little world."(Keane)

"Keane: ......"(Cleo)





 The expression on his face was so full of self-mockery that Cleo couldn't help but call out his name.

 In response, Keane slowly closes his eyes and says, 




"I'm going to be a liability from here on o;I have no growth potential, plus I don't have any special skills."(Keane)

"............"(Cleo)

"I should probably leave the party. There are many better wizards in the city."(Keane)





 "--I'm done with my role"(Keane)


(TL: Onion Ninjas are back)


 So, he wanted Cleo to affirm it.

 He continued to look at Cleo with a smile on his face. The boy did not look away from the young man, but listened to his words of resignation from the front.

 And then he says in a small voice: 





"I guess..."(Cleo)

-- and then he said these words of affirmation.





 Words of affirmation.

 Cleo was always sincere.

That's why he can't encourage him with lies.





"...... ha ha, after all, Cleo-san is awesome ......!"(Keane)





 Keane laughed with a moist voice at his straightforward nature.

 He slowly slumped down and shook his clenched fist.

 I was prepared for this. I was sure I would be.





" ----!"

Tears overflowed.

 The waves of broken emotions soaked the earth unstoppably.

 I wondered if I would ever feel so unworthy. Had he ever experienced such frustration? Keane's shoulders shook without words.



 He could never reach his longing.

 It is the inability to reach it that makes it a longing.



 But when we give up on it, regret is always in our face.

 If something had been different, it might have been possible to reach it. Such a convenient delusion comes to mind.





"Cleo, I'm already ......."(Keane)





 But that's not true.

 The delusion was only a delusion, and no turning back was allowed.

 So Keane wiped away his tears and smiled brightly at Cleo again. And then.





"Here, let's have a small party before I..."(Keane)

"Well, then, let the training begin!"(Cleo)

"Eh ......?"(Keane)





 He was about to offer to leave the party.

 That's when it happened.





"Keane, are you ready? Let's practice something a little different for a change!"(Cleo)





 Cleo said this as if to bring everything we had talked about to nothing.

 The boy gently narrowed his eyes and spoke to Keane.





'Yes, that ......! Were you  listening to me?"(Keane)

'I did listen, but it doesn't matter. Because for Keane, it's still--"(Cleo)





 Cleo said while doing the preparatory work.

 With unclouded eyes.







"There are so many possibilities that we haven't tried! "(Cleo)







 Keane was taken aback by the powerful boy's words.

 But soon he felt something light up in his chest.





'Untried, full of possibilities .......'(Keane)





 Then he ruminates on his words.

 Maybe, just maybe.





 If there is still a chance left to cling to something.







"Thank you!"(Keane)







 At that moment, the hesitation disappeared from Keane's face.

 If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it to the hilt.



 The young man was inspired by this thought.


















"............"(Liliana)







 Liliana stared at the large hole in the training ground and squinted.



 A victory without a doubt.

 With her overwhelming offensive power, she had even burned away the wreckage of her opponent.

 It was because of this conviction that the girl made her declaration. The people around her stared at the world in a cloud of dust, their mouths agape.



 No one was there.

 No one could speak.

 So Liliana, on behalf of the others, declared her victory once again.





"Now, to the end..."(Liliana)


It was that moment.

























'It's too early to tell. ...... princess?"(??)



























 He was out of breath.

 The young man's voice, which sounded as if he was about to collapse at any moment, was heard.





"What ......?(Liliana)





 Liliana was astonished and looked backward.

 Then, immediately, someone thrust his palm into her beautiful face.











"I guess I ...... win this match."(Keane)















 The owner of the voice - Keane Dinlow.

 He smiled wryly and said so.


TL Note- And Keane is back in style now that's what I call a character development and how do you guys like the new picture? Is it fine or should I change to the previous one.


Comments

  1. Thanks for changing the picture, really helps since we see Marin and Aruna and Gown (even tho there's the manga to see their faces but still, for immersion purposes it's great)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts