A boy who was disowned because he was second in everything, is unknowingly unmatched


Volume 18
Chapter 1-The role of the Ledin family.

(TL:By Rafael)


"So, do you know where Erio is now?"(Cleo)

"I don't know. But I have an idea where she could be."(Aruna)

"Idea ......?"(Cleo)







 







 After waiting for Maki's healing magic to fully heal, I and Aruna went to the city.

 

 He told me that the Ledin family had a piece of land that they had always cherished. It was a little surprising that it was located in a poor area of the royal capital.

 

 But other than Aruna's information, I had no clue.

 

 Therefore, I didn't interfere too much.





"But this place is ......."(Cleo)





 





 Even so, I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the place we had arrived at.

 

 Because....





"Oh, yes this is it."(Aruna)

"Why are we here  ......?"(Cleo)





 





 It was a decaying graveyard that was no longer in use.

 

 There must have been grave robbers. Some of the gravestones had been savagely destroyed. They hadn't been cared for, and no one could remember them.

 

 It was such a sad space.





"The Ledin family was a family of knights, but also a family of grave keepers. It's a role that was imposed on them when they joined the side of the Demon Lord."(Aruna)

"............ So that's what it was."(Cleo)

"Let's go, Cleo."(Aruna)





 





 We proceeded along the path of the beasts, which was overgrown with weeds.

 

 Aruna used his dagger to cut through the ivy. And then...




"This is it."(Aruna)

"Alexander Ledin - does he sleep here?"(Cleo)





 





 We stopped in front of one of the largest gravestones.

 

 From the name engraved on it, I knew it belonged to Erio's ancestor. If you look closely, you can see that it has been cared for better than the others.

 

 But it must have been neglected for several years. ......





"I'm a little put off by the whole thing. Give me a break, please!"(Aruna)

"No, wait! Aruna!"(Cleo)





 





 As I was thinking about this, Aruna suddenly put his hand on the tombstone.

 

 Then, he violently ripped the tomb open. Then....





"What? ......!"(Cleo)





 





 The next moment, I couldn't believe my eyes.

 

 Because there was .......







"An underground passage, but why......?"(Cleo)











 











 It must not have been in use for long.

 

 There was a somewhat clean staircase leading up to it.


TL Note- Both novels I am translating has underground passages....is this a coincidence or fate.


Comments

Popular Posts