I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat!

Volume 1
Chapter 22-: Royal School Materials and Shopping
(TL By GUST)




When I got to my seat in the drawing room, Frederick asked Anne to prepare tea and asked her servants to bring the teaching materials.

 Looking at the places where servants can be used as a matter of course, they are aristocrats. I feel bad somehow and want to do it myself.


 After a while, the tea was ready and the teaching materials were ready.


"Leon, this is the study you need to do for the entrance exams for the Royal School. It's basically literacy, math, and a simple history."

"Can I look inside?"

"Oh, if you have any questions, ask me."


 The teaching materials that Frederick gave me were three books.

 The first was like a simple national language, with more than half of the pages being for studying to write. And the second half is to train your reading comprehension.

  You don't have to study this. I can read and write the languages ​​of this world in the same way as Japanese, so I didn't have to study even if I was told to do the national language of the first grade of elementary school because I went to university in Japan.


 The second was simple math. Simple multiplication and division for addition and subtraction, that's it. There are no fractions or decimals, no figures. Will it be learned after enrollment? You don't have to study this either.


 The third was the history of this country. The history of this country is roughly described in the old days and in quite detail in the recent years.

 I want to read this! I should study and I wanted to know about this country.


"How is it? Do you know what's inside?"

"Yes. I don't need any teaching materials because I can already read, write and calculate. Can I borrow history teaching materials?"

"Do you need reading, writing and calculation !? Really?"

"Yes. All you need is history materials."


 Maybe I should have borrowed it and made it look like I was studying ...? But I feel like I'm feeling more now.

 It's going to be a long relationship with the Duke of Townsend, and I feel like I don't have to hide it too much.


"Well, if Leon is okay, that's right. Then I'll lend you only the historical materials. I'll return them only after the exam is over."

"Thank you very much! I will do my best to help you!"

"Oh, do your best"

"Yes!"


  Then I asked him to lend me only the historical materials and returned to my room.


 The Duchess of Townsend seemed to be good people, and instead of helping the forces, they seemed to be my backing. It was the best result today.


 Perhaps because I was nervous, I fell asleep as soon as I was relieved and fell asleep immediately.




"Fah ~. I feel like I slept very comfortably for the first time in a while ..."


 that? It's not my usual house …………

 Yes, yesterday I came to the Duke of Townsend and stayed there.

 I haven't overslept, right? Thinking so, when I got off the bed and went to the sofa, Anne had already refrained from it.


"Good morning, Leon"

"Good morning, Anne. Did I oversleep?"

"In the morning, everyone will have breakfast in their room and go to work, so it's okay."


 is that so. That was good.

 I relievedly stroked my chest and asked Anne.


"Can I have breakfast too?"

"Yes. Frederick has asked Leon to send me home after having breakfast, so I will send it by carriage."


 Thank you for that. But is it not necessary to say hello to the dukes?


"Is it okay not to say hello to the dukes?"

"My wife is in the mansion, so I'd appreciate it if you could say hello to her when she came home."

"I'm clever. Thank you."

"Then, change your clothes first. Please change into these clothes."


 The clothes Anne gave me were much better than the clothes I wore.

 It's not like aristocratic clothes, but it's the clothes that the wealthy people are likely to come to.


"This isn't my clothes ...?"

"Yes. This is a gift from my husband. He said that he prepared clothes that wouldn't float among the commoners."


 It doesn't float in the commoners, it certainly doesn't float in the wealthy, but it floats around the house.

 But it's no good not to get a special gift ...


"Thank you. Can you thank Richard?"

"Understood"



 Then I changed my clothes, ate breakfast, and left the Duke of Townsend's mansion.


"Catherine, thank you for inviting me this time."

"We also enjoyed it. Thank you for your continued support."

"Yes. Thank you for your continued support."



 I greeted him and boarded the carriage with Anne. It looks like the same carriage as when I came here.


"Leon, if there is a place to stop in the city centre, I will stop by, but what do you think?"

What should I do ... I want a watch because I want to check the balance by the bank. It's hard to come to the city centre, so I wonder if it's okay to spoil it here.


"Well, I want to go to a bank and a watchmaker. How much can I buy a watch?"

"That's right. If it's the simplest, I think you can buy enough with just one gold coin."


 After all, it is expensive. But it's within my expectations, and I still want a watch.


"Then, can you go to the bank and then the watchmaker in that order?"

"Understood"


 It seems that Anne told the coachman, and the carriage started to move.


 When I got to the bank, Anne followed me behind me. He said he could stay in the carriage, but he didn't give it up because he was a maid with Leon until he sent it home.

 I went to the window when I opened the account before. The person who was used to it as much as possible was good. This is the second time, but I'm nervous.


"Welcome. What kind of business do you have today?"

"I want to check my account balance and withdraw money."

"I'm clever. May I check my bank card?"

"thank you"

"Thank you. Then, please let a little magical power flow through this crystal ball."


 The man at the counter seemed a little surprised to see my outfit and the maid Anne. You probably remembered me when I came here before. Because it stood out in the opposite sense.

 But after that, he's been doing his job in a straightforward manner. appreciated.


"Leon-sama, I was able to verify my identity. First of all, the account balance, but this is the current balance."


  It seems that the account balance will be written on a small piece of paper and handed over.

 Looking at it, it said that the balance was ten platinum coins. Isn't there a lot! ?? Let's ask Marcel next time ...


"Thank you. Can you withdraw one gold coin?"

"I'm clever. Are you sure you want gold coins? Will you divide them into silver coins and bronze coins?"

"Then, thank you for using ten silver coins."

"I'm clever. Please wait a moment."


 When withdrawing, it is convenient to be able to withdraw with fine coins. Be aware that you can hardly use more than gold coins among commoners.

 After waiting for a while, the man at the reception brought me ten silver coins.


"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. Please check."


 I made sure I had ten and put them in my wallet.


"It's okay. Thank you."

"Please come again if you have any questions. Thank you."

"I'm the one who should be thanking you"


 Then I returned to the carriage with Anne a little quicker. After all this strict atmosphere is tense.


"Then I'll go to the watchmaker next time."

"Yes, please"



  Shortly thereafter, I arrived at the watchmaker. It seems to be quite close to the bank.


"Leon, this shop can only accommodate aristocrats or aristocratic introductions, so I'll come in first."

"That's right. Thank you."


 After all, there is such a shop.

 I still think there is a big difference between nobles and commoners, but I'm scared if anything more happens ...

 Let's do our best to help the Duke of Townsend.


 When I entered the shop, a middle-aged man with a soft demeanour came out, and when Anne showed something like a coat of arms from her bosom, she was able to enter it smoothly.

 Perhaps it's like the coat of arms of an aristocratic family.


"Welcome, what kind of watch are you looking for today?"


 A man talked to me. I seem to have been certified as a customer.


"I want a watch that is portable and simple and durable."

"I'm clever. If so, this product may be good."


  What the man showed me was a simple pocket watch.

 The design is simple and the price is about 5 silver coins.

 This is pretty cheap. Maybe if you try to buy a pocket watch in modern Japan, it might be more expensive ...


 I compare pocket watches from the edge.

 Most pocket watches had a simple lid and had no design, but one pocket watch had a nut-like decoration on the lid.

 After all, it is fashionable to have a design.

 It seems to be more expensive than a simple one ...


"How much is the nut designed on this lid?"

"There are eight silver coins and two bronze coins."


 Is it 82,000 yen in Japanese yen? It's expensive, but it's something I'll use all the time, so maybe it's okay.


"Then please do that."

"Understood"


 Then I paid and received my pocket watch and put it in my inner pocket. From now on, I want to carry my pocket watch with me anytime, so I have to put an inner pocket on all my clothes.


 Then I returned to the carriage and after that, I was sent home as it was.


"Then Leon, I'm sorry for this."

"Yes. Thank you for everything, Anne."

"Then, I'm sorry."


 I returned home feeling a sense of accomplishment and a lot of tiredness.



Comments

Popular Posts