Evil Avalon


Chapter 61-Morning blues

(TL:By Rafael)

"Late -late."



 



 Even though I was late, today was a holiday. Even though it was a holiday, I was invited to a practice session led by Tachiki-kun.



 



 Looking in the mirror, I tamped down my bedraggled hair and hurried to change into my school jersey. Last night, I was thinking about a lot of things and before I knew it, it was dawn and I had overslept.



But then again, this jersey ......



 



 I think I might have to buy another one. The waistband has become loose as I've lost weight, and I've had to tie the waistband tightly to make it go away. I wonder what the successful dieters in the world are doing with the clothes they've been wearing.



"Sota~ I feel bad for Kaworu-chan, so I'm going to ask her to come inside~."



 



 Kaworu was already at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for me. I hurriedly changed my clothes and went downstairs, where Kaworu was quietly relaxing with a cup of tea.


"There you are. ...... This tea is delicious. Just wait a moment while I finish it."



 



 A childhood friend who stands tall and sips tea while holding a teacup with both hands in a well-behaved manner. She is as beautiful as a refined Japanese sword, suitable for the heroine of Dun-Ex. My inner Buta-o-mind is overjoyed.



 



 I sit down on the other side of the table to take a break, and pour myself a cup of tea. Hmm, this year's new tea. It's certainly delicious.



"......"

"......"



 



 When we faced each other, there was no conversation. Even so, I feel that the disgusted look she had when I first entered the school has eased a little. I guess it's because I haven't sexually harassed her or forced her to come close to me to put her in a bad mood since I entered this body.



 



 I guess she hasn't completely forgiven me for what I've done so far, but I'm glad that she's relieved even a little. I hope that one day Kaworu and I will be able to laugh heartily and talk about all kinds of things as we go to school. The way my heart is lifting, I'm sure Butao would like that too.



 



 As I was thinking about this, it seemed that the drinking was over before I knew it, and I had to leave the house early to move to the practice area.



 



 



 



 As usual, Kaworu walked a few steps ahead of me, and I followed her.



"Speaking of which. There's something I want to ask you today."



 



 Unusually, Kaworu came down to my side and we talked side by side. Perhaps it was because she was tall for a girl, but when I looked over, I saw the beautiful face of my childhood friend right next to mine. I'm a little nervous, aren't you?



"Hmm. What do you want to ask me?"

What is that way of talking? ...... I overheard you talking to Kusunoki-senpai the other day. ...... Is it true?."



 



 Kirara-chan, huh? Maybe what happened when she came to hand out the invitations had become a rumor in the class.


"We just talked a little."

"...... talk? She's an aristocrat and the leader of a large faction at school. What kind of connection did you have with her?"



 



 She is so famous that even Kaworu knows her. And it's not normal for a flashy, pretty girl to come to see me, the lowest on the school caste. You can't just ignore it.


 



 I guess I shouldn't explain that I was invited to a clan party. I'll just say that I had a brief encounter with an acquaintance of Kirara's in a dungeon and came to give her a report on what happened.



"So it's not like you're acquaintances."

"Oh. Why do you care so much?"



 



 Kaworu pondered for a while.  Was she wondering if she should talk about it.



"You know that our class is in a tight spot right now. If you are close to Kusunoki-senpai, I was wondering if you could help us."

"That's probably not possible, we've only talked once. She's probably forgotten all about me by now."



 



 I know that Class E's position is not very good. But this is just the beginning. If things go according to the storyline of the game, the situation will become more serious in the future. There will be provocations, bullying, violent harassment, and many of our classmates may leave the school in frustration. If this happens, the childhood friend in front of me will shed tears and continue to struggle.



 



 To be honest, I don't want to experience such a disgusting event in real life, nor do I want to see it. The thought of stopping it all from happening ...... crosses my mind, but even such an event will strengthen the protagonist's body and soul and make him grow. I don't know if it's okay for me to take that opportunity away from him.



 



 The protagonist has events that can only be solved by the protagonist, and there's no way I can constantly monitor and protect the E class and the protagonists. In the future, I need them to become stronger on their own. Even if they are humiliated to some extent, I want them to use it as an opportunity to grow.



 



 Of course, if Satsuki or Kaworu are in danger, I will take action, and I will try to intervene before something catastrophic fails or causes damage. It's a good idea to get close to Kaworu and find out what she and the others are up to.



"...... In return, though, I'll help you if I can."

"Well, I'm looking forward to your training today."



 



 After saying that, Kaworu quickened her pace again and went to school in her usual position. Well, Kaworu doesn't trust me now, so I guess it can't be helped.



 



 If I try to gain his trust by showing off my knowledge of video games, Kaworu will not take me seriously. For now, my priority is to keep an appropriate distance and gradually regain her trust over time. I dream that one day she will see me as a friend.

(TL: That day might never come and hi readers long time no see)

 



 Besides, this is not the time to be thinking about it. There was a troubling problem waiting for us at our destination.







 







 It all started with last night's secret meeting.



 



 



 



 *...*...*...*...*



 



 



 



 A park in the middle of the night, with no stars in sight due to the streetlights. In the faint glow of the pole lights, Lisa put her index finger to her lips and smiled wickedly.



"You only know one person, right?"



 (TL:This might be the correct translation to the last sentence of the previous chapter as that one was difficult to understand and this one makes more sense.)


 Suddenly, she began to reveal something outrageous. I didn't know she had already been in contact with other players besides me.



'I think he'll be at the practice session tomorrow, okay? It's Tsukijima from our class, you know."

Tsukishima ......, that little flirt."



 



 Takuya Tsukishima, a blond with long hair who looks out of place at an elite school. In my mind's eye, I thought of Takuya Tsukishima, a charlatan who was dressed down in his school uniform and talked dullly with his hands in his pants pockets. He had identified Lisa as an ex-player and asked her if she wanted to join him.



What ? he remembered all the students of "class E in the game. It's amazing!"



 



 According to him, the only "unidentified" classmate is Lisa, besides Tsukishima himself. I wonder if he's referring to "custom characters".



 



 In Dun-Ex, you can usually start with a "protagonist" - i.e. Akagi-kun and Pink-chan - and a "custom character" that you customize and make your own.



 



 If you choose the protagonist, you can experience the main storyline with fixed character traits, and if you choose a custom character, you can create your own look and character traits, but the story is limited to sub-stories and individual scenarios for the characters you capture.



 



 However, the tester mode that brought me to this game world is different. There are only two options: "Random Character" and "Custom Character".



 



 If you choose the "Random Character" option, you'll end up as one of the existing characters in Dun-Ex, such as me,  Butao, while if you choose the "Custom Character" option, you'll end up as an avatar of yourself in the original world, like Lisa.



 



 In other words, even if Tsukishima-kun is an unidentified person who doesn't appear in the game, players like me, who chose the "Custom Character" option, should not be able to be identified by him.



"Could it be that Tsukishima-kun is unaware of the specifications of the random character?"

"Probably. I think I'll let him keep his misunderstanding~"



 



 She said with a quiet laugh that it would be more convenient for her.



 



 At first, Tsukishima-kun suspected that the three main characters, Akagi-kun, Pink-chan, and the unidentified Lisa, were players. However, it seems that he realized that the main character were not player, and that Lisa was the only player in this world besides himself.



 



 He said he was Adam and Lisa was Eve. That's what he said when he asked Lisa out. I can't help but wonder what he meant.







  







  *...*...*...*...*...*





 

 





 

 --So that's how I left Lisa last night, but the last person we talked about, Tsukishima-kun, was also planning to attend the training session I was heading to.



 



 I've never talked to him before, so I don't know what kind of person he is. As far as I can remember in the classroom, he was a bit flirtatious, but I don't think he said or did anything that would make me think he was a bad person. I just thought of him as a normal, cheerful high school boy.



 



 However, as an ex-player, he has knowledge that could have a big impact on the world, and depending on what he does from now on, there is a possibility that we could get involved. So, in order to get a closer look at what kind of thinking he has, it would certainly be more convenient to have him remain misunderstood, as Lisa said.

(TL: I bet he will be like Souta at the start of the novel and try to fulfill the original goal of Souta)


(I hope he's a good person. ......)



 



 With this thought in mind, I followed Kaworu , tottering along.



TL Note- No one sponsored Evil Avalon this time so no sponsored Chapter only weekly release and here's a small question: How many people remember Souta's first goal when he came to this world, if you remember then comment down below and also let other know.



Comments

  1. Looks like no one remembers and I also am not so sure but it was maybe like hitting on the future student council president after becoming strong enough or was it making a harem for himself or, pursuing Kawru?

    ReplyDelete
  2. harem making i believe

    TBH,At first i was getting the vibes of a blissful harem novel
    But now it feels like playing resident evil apocalyptic game.Dudeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he is part of the seven deadly sins skill holder, then he feels like pride to me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts